Last Minute Advice

Brutus's POV: I watched the two tributes I front of me interact. My heart fell knowing only one, possibly zero, were going to come back. Either way changed. "Cato, you're still the brute. You haven't changed, you can't always rely on your muscle to help you. From what the tape shows many aren't bright, but the ones that are manipulative. Luckily you have Ivy, evidently she can also do it." Ivy smiled proudly as Cato whispered something into her ear making the girl send him a playful glare. "Enough, Cato, you have plenty of time to flirt with her in the Games." I turned to Ivy who was slowly picking at her bread. "Ivy, you may be smart and have a good eye. But in hand to hand combat your absolute trash. When it comes to fighting rely on Cato. Now this I say to the two of you. The Game Makers love a good show, meaning they will try anything to split the two of you, break you. Trust me. Stay with each other, trust each other." Both nodded, completely serious. "Say your goodbyes and make plans yourselves." I said as the two sat down, talking in hushed voices.

Cato's POV: "Ivy there's going to be a Bloodbath. There always is. Stay close to me." Ivy opened her mouth to protest, I slowly took her face between my hands, "Please, I can't loose you." Ivy nodded finally submitting to the plan. "Okay." She breathed out. "The other Careers decided me as leader. I want you to watch out for 1 female, Glimmer, she might not resort to much in the end though. Just stay weary." She nodded again "And if we get separated?" She asked, fear evident in her voice. "The Packs most likely to go Tribute Hunting at night, start picking off the easy ones. If we get separated go to the Cornucopia we're going to be using it as a base if we're not there wait for us." I said as I pulled her head toward me gently, placing a kiss on her temple and looking in her fearful eyes.