Heart to Heart

"Ronnie? Can I talk to you?"

"'Bout what?"

"Well, Sabrina and I had a talk back at the house a little while ago, and..."

"Look, Henry, just get to the point, all right? I have stuff I should be doing. People to help."

"Right, and I know that, but... well, I guess I have an apology to make."

"You guess? Buster, you've been a stubborn, arrogant jerk ever since we woke up! There's no guessing about it!"

"Listen, I'm trying to make amends here! Can you stop yelling at me for a minute? This is hard enough already without you rubbing it in."

"Right. Go ahead."

"Thanks."

...

"Well? I'm waiting."

"I know, I'm... gathering my thoughts. This isn't easy, you know."

"By all means, go ahead, take as much time as you need."

"Right. I'm ready. I'm sorry I was so stubborn and wouldn't listen to you, or Jake, or Mom, or the girls about how stupid an idea it was for us to head back for the city with absolutley no preparation and no idea what was going on. I'm sorry I've been arguing with you about everything and starting fights and bringing up things that would be better off buried. I'm sorry I was prejudiced against the Everafters. I was being an idiot. Will you forgive me? Please?"

"That was... pretty good."

"Thanks."

"Nice job, and... yes, I will forgive you. You learn from Sabrina's experience, I'll learn from Daphne's."

"Even though her experience isn't quite done yet?"

"She'll see the light eventually."

...

"What happened to our little girls, Henry?"

"They grew up."

"And we missed it. They had to become so different, so grown up, and we didn't get a chance to see it happen, or a chance to help them through it. They had to do it all by themselves, and it changed them."

"I'm not sure it was for the better."

"I'm positive it wasn't. Daphne's stubborn and angry, and Sabrina's even worse! What are we going to do about it?"

"Well, Ronnie, I guess we'll just have to be there for them as much as we can. Be the best parents we can, and take the responsibilities they have off their shoulders, as much as possible, anyway."

"You're right. We can't change what happened, but we can make it better, right?"

"As long as we stop fighting. Deal?"

"Deal."