ACT 2 SCENE 1

(Alex and Mariana are seen in Port market holding hands, with a lot of polythene bags and both of them are walking together. Alex is dressed up so handsome, also Mariana with her high heels and short gown. They meet a woman selling dress.)

MARIANA

Alex, look these dresses are very beautiful, I want some.

ALEX

My money has almost finished, next time we come here, I promise I will buy you these dresses.

MARIANA

Alex my love, my sweet heart. I trust you.

ALEX

Mariana my mother called me to come home, no worry next time I will stay longer with you, don't be offended.

MARIANA

Once again your mother succeeded in spoiling our time together, when will all this stop?

ALEX

As soon as we get married. Bye for now

MARIANA

See you tomorrow.

ALEX

I have to go. (He stops a motorcycle which he enters and zooms home. He meets Sandra knocking his gate.)

SANDRA

Good afternoon Alex.

ALEX

What are you doing here? Why are you knocking my gate? I never invited you here so leave.

SANDRA

Please I came to see your mother to help...

ALEX

(Cuts in abruptly.) So you've come to tell her sweet words to make her fall for your tricks, never.

SANDRA

No my love I...

ALEX

I'm not your love and I'll never be, you hear that. Who knows if it is your witchcraft that is causing me to have all this nightmares and dreams I've been having.

SANDRA

Which nightmare? Why didn't you tell me? The reverend father would have helped.

ALEX

Stop pestering me, I told you I do not love you, please stop pestering me.

(Mary gets the gate and sees the both of them talking to each other.)

MARY

Any problem?

ALEX

Yes. The problem is the thing standing in front of our gate. It would be very nice if she can just leave this neighbourhood now.

SANDRA

Alright, I will leave instantly.

MARY

(To Sandra.) You said you will help me to cut the vegetables, come in don't mind Alex. He is just afraid to tell you that he loves you.

ALEX

Mother stop this, I have warned you to stop, and you know I don't like it. I do not love her.

MARY

Come inside Sandra.

SANDRA

(She enters the compound.) I do not want to cause crisis in this home please.

MARY

No worry my daughter, you've been a very kind girl indeed, God will bless you.

LIGHT FADES