ACT 3 SCENE 1

(One month later. The scene is in Lagos state teaching hospital, Alex is laying on a bed in a ward with his whole body bandaged. He hears a knock on the door.)

ALEX

Who is that? Come in.

(Mariana walks in.)

MARIANA

Hello.

ALEX

Hello who are you? What are you looking for here?

MARIANA

Wait a minute. (Surprised.) You don't know me.

ALEX

I have never seen you before, leave.

MARIANA

Thank God. I have never seen you too Alex.

ALEX

How do you know my name?

MARIANA

I regret the day I knew you, so this is your destiny, your fate. Thank God you've lost your mind, you do not know me and I do not know you, goodbye Alex we shall see one day, I know that too well. (She leaves the ward.) Bye Alex, God be with you till we meet again.

ALEX

Who is that girl? (He begins to have flashbacks with Mariana.) I think I've seen her before. Let me not bother myself.

(Few hours later Mary and Sandra enter the ward.)

MARY

(Sobbing.) My son I warned you to stay safe, what happened, how come?

ALEX

Who are you people? Why are you calling me your son? I don't know you. You've come to claim me right?

MARY

No you're my son, you're mine. Remember me your blood mother, and your loving wife to be is also here with us.

SANDRA

I'm here for you Alex and I'll never leave you again I promise.

ALEX

(He begins to have strange flashbacks about both of them.) I think I remember you both. (He points at Mary.) You are my mother.

MARY

Thank God you remember.

ALEX

Wait a minute, you should be Sandra.

SANDRA

Yes it is me. Thank God you remember me. We will come again.

ALEX

Alright, I'll be expecting you people to come and take me away soon.

MARY

Alright my son. (To Sandra.) Let's go.

(Sandra drops a cooler that contains rice and stew.)

SANDRA

Take when you're hungry eat, please don't starve yourself please, we'll continue to give you food, eh.

ALEX

Alright, my loving and caring wife.

(Mary and Sandra leave the ward.)