ACT 12 SCENE 1

(Lisa and Amaka are together in the parlor. They are both watching television when Deejay enters looking stressed out. He flings his suitcase to the cushion and throws himself beside Lisa.)

DEEJAY

Mum, how are you doing?

LISA

Awesome Deejay, your wife has made this house so lively. (Pointing to Amaka.)

AMAKA

Your mum is fun Deejay. (Deejay looks confused.) She seems to be the best mother in-law in the entire world.

LISA

You can say that again my dear daughter.

DEEJAY

Wait a minute... (Looking around.) Where is she?

LISA

Who?

DEEJAY

My wife.

LISA

She is right there. (Pointing to Amaka.) Are you blind?

DEEJAY

(Stands up angrily.) Where is Mariana? Mum, you mean you've chased her away?

LISA

Yes, I did. I can't live with a witch, never! (Standing up.) Amaka is your wife and she is yours alone. At least doing it once will give you a positive result, not doing it till the messiah comes.

DEEJAY

What an insult? So annoying!!! (Brings out his phone and gives her a call but there is no response.) She is not even responding to my call.

LISA

That's because she forgot her phone and I through it in the waste bin outside the compound.

DEEJAY

Mum, this isn't funny.