ACT 6 SCENE 1

(Mariana finally reaches Abuja. She alights from the cab that brought her in front of First bank. She is holding a handbag which she wears on her shoulder when she alights. She goes to the boot and removes her travelling bag which contained her luggage. The cab zooms off leaving her there. She looks around wandering where she landed.)

MARIANA

Thank God this is first bank, let me go and withdraw money using the ATM machine. At least I will have little money with me. (She walks into the bank slowly. At the gate she hits a man named Deejay as she enters and all the document in his hand fall down. He looks like a rich man and dresses so richly, including his big potbelly.) Sorry sir, let me help. (She bends to start picking the document.)

DEEJAY

No need. (He bends to stop her and they stare at each other.) No worry I'll do it. (They are about to separate when Deejay speaks.) I'm Deejay, what's your name?

MARIANA

I'm Mariana. Excuse me, do you work in this bank?

DEEJAY

Yes, I do work here. I'm the assistant manager of cash in this bank, I'm serious.

MARIANA

I never doubted you, I can see the money in you, and your stomach tells it all. It shows how great you are. I came to withdraw money so I can stay in a hotel.

DEEJAY

No worry, I can take you to my home.

MARIANA

Seriously? (She smiles.) Are you serious? You don't even know me and you want to take me to your house. Alright, let's get going.

DEEJAY

Not so fast Mariana. Let me get something in my office wait for me here, you hear me?

MARIANA

Alright. (Deejay leaves her for some document in his office.) Thank God for this angel God provided for me. He is quite lovely.

(Few minutes later, he comes back and they enter a jeep which he drives to his home. They get to a big mansion where he lives and a gateman opens the gate for them to come in and he packs the car. They alight from the jeep and enter the house but before they enter into the house Mariana looks around excitingly.) Wow this place is very beautiful. Is this your house or a palace?

DEEJAY

(Sarcastically.) I stole the house and brought it here. (Chuckles.) Since we started the ride I told you we were coming to my house and you are asking me if this is my house, are you well?

MARIANA

Take it easy, I didn't mean that, I meant this house is so beautiful. Thank you so much. (She embraces him and he covers her well.)

DEEJAY

Let's go inside, you can't stand here staring at this building.

MARIANA

Alright Deejay, I have heard you.