Chapter 4

Chapter 4
I stared at the ceiling of Stacy's room. It had dolphins splashing in the ocean waves. Laid on her bed, I waited for her to get a movie so we could watch. I began thinking of the last two days again.
After the dance, Stacy got a room, and left me alone in my room so I could 'talk' to him. I took a shower, and waited for him. He didn't come early enough so I slept. The next day, I thanked God Victoria wasn't with him when he stepped back in the room. I waited for sometime before addressing him.
"Care to explain why you have a girlfriend?" was the best I could come up with when I had his attention. He hovered over me, and stared at me for seconds before replying.
"One. I don't like your tone. Two. She's not my girlfriend" He then turned around and walked to his bag he just brought with him and opened it. Recollecting myself, I followed him still.
"Why was she all over you then?" I insisted a bit hurt that he wouldn't stand at one place while we had what I considered an important conversation. He took out his laptop and opened it.
"I don't know, maybe you are going to marry her ex?" he shrugged.
"So she is your ex an- "
"Look I'm tired of all your questions. Don't you have something else to do?" he cut me off finally turning to face me looking fed up. I closed my mouth, and frowned at his words. He just looked away, and kept looking through his bag. I took a deep breath and went in for a shower.
After calming myself down, I tried my best to make small talk with him or even suggest places we could go together. He in return gave me cold replies and straight off no's, and the only time that we did go out, Victoria was around. They didn't kiss, but they sure looked more like a couple and I the third wheel.
"Earth to Skylar." I snapped out of my daydream by the shakes of Stacy.
"Stop thinking about him."
"He is my future husband that's impossible." I said sitting up from my lying position.
"I don't know why he is acting so mean to you. You are a sweetheart."
"I think he hates me. You know it's like I'm taking his old life away from him, and his ex" I said cringing at the mere thought of Victoria.
"he should be blaming his great- grandad for that not you."
I thought about the ways he would look at me. I wouldn't deny that he was handsome, and his eyes could take or give life.
"Skylar."
"Hmm?"
"You like him."
That snapped me out. "What no" I said like she sounded ridiculous. I looked at her and she was all up in my face staring in both eyes. "Oh my days you do" she exclaimed her eyes widening.
I rolled my eyes. "No"
"Yes. You've always had a thing for bad boys, and people who didn't deserve you look at Dylan." She said referring to my ex-boyfriend.
"He was shit, but no you said. He has a good heart within. Mother Theresa. Here you are again, liking another asshole. " she said like she couldn't believe. I opened my mouth to defend myself but she had this look that screamed 'don't lie to me' so I made a grimace at her. I knew I had a crush, which was why it would hurt a bit anytime he gave me a cold shoulder.
"That's just because he's gorgeous." She didn't buy it and rolled her eyes. "it's meant to happen anyway."
"Yeah but not in these circumstances." She replied and I felt bad for myself.
"oh honey come here, you know I can be mean sometimes, but you don't deserve this. Let's watch this, and go for a swim okay?" she said putting her arms around me and making baby noises. I pushed her away.
"You are so rude." I said chuckling. She smiled and we finally began watching.
After my day with Stacy, who had to leave in two days because of her dad, I returned to the suite content with myself. I got in with a smile, and from the corner of my eye saw Liam working on his laptop. I grabbed a pair of dark jeans and a white shirt from my bag, and went for a shower, humming to myself. I washed my hair this time and blow dried it so it didn't look disordered. I immediately regretted it. It had more volume now, and I honestly didn't need that in this heat. I quickly applied my moisturiser, sprayed some perfume, and came out. I wanted to walk around a bit, so I took out my converse, and right before I headed out he spoke to me.
"where are you going?" he asked. I turned around confused.
"Do you need something?"
"No, Mateo wants to speak with you." He turned his laptop so I could see what he was doing. He was on Skype, and ringing what he named. 'Bisabuelo'. I dropped my bag, and sat on the bed beside him. He handed the laptop tome, and went out in the balcony. I run my fingers through my hair and tucked it behind my ears.
"Hello beautiful." His old deep voice greeted with a smile. He was sitting on a chair behind an ebony desk, holding a cigar with a white buttoned down shirt.
"Always the charmer. How are you?" I asked smiling back.
"I'm good darling. How are you?"
"Well."
"That's nice to hear. So what's your wedding date?" he asked catching me off-guard. I looked over to Liam to know whether he was listening, but he was on a phone call.
"I don't know." I honestly replied shrugging. He puffed on a cigar humming nonchalantly.
"So he doesn't speak to you that much" he stated blowing to the side.
"How do you know?" I asked confused. He simply picked a glass of wine that wasn't displayed before, and sipped from it.
"Such a hard head this boy." He said to himself dropping the glass.
"Well I just wanted to tell you myself, that you have 6 months to tie the knot, oh and possibly give me a fourth generation." He said putting out his cigar. My heart raced at that. I felt anxious all of a sudden, because he disliked me, and that will just make it worse.
"What's wrong sweetheart, you look sick." He said coming closer to the camera. I shook my head.
"He hates my guts. That's only going to make it worse." I confessed pushing my hair back, and rubbing my hands on my jeans.
"No, who could hate such a pretty and sweet girl?" he asked leaning back.
"Your great-grandson could. He does. Can you please add more time?" I pleaded. His stare turned cold, and put his arms on the arms of the chair. Maybe I shouldn't be negotiating. I thought.
"You do realise I could have the both of you married tomorrow right? I'm giving you time because I like you. Do not negotiate with me." He said, and I closed my eyes praying he wouldn't change his mind.
I looked back at the screen with pleading eyes, even though he just threatened not to. I made praying hands at him, and lowly repeated please.
His eyes softened a bit, and he rolled his eyes. "Fine Maria, you get a year. Now pass the thing to my boy."
I smiled so wide my cheeks hurt as relief washed over me. "Thank you so much. " I said, and walked to Liam. He turned around questioning my smile with his eyes. I just handed him his laptop, and made a run for it out.