Chapter 13

I woke up in bed feeling restless. I noticed I was neither in my clothes, nor room. I held my head in my hands feeling dizzy. The lights were off so I checked for the time and it was three in the morning. I looked over to the opened balcony, and there was Liam. I wanted to thank him for what he did, trying hard not to think about the fact that he saw me almost naked.

The shirt was decent  He had changed me into one of his own shirts, and carried me upstairs. I got butterflies just from thinking about it. I walked with difficulty to get there, my legs barely able to support myself. I didn't know how weak I was until now.

He turned around when I neared the door. "You shouldn't be standing yet." he warned. I didn't listen and persisted but tripped and almost fell but he grabbed me by the waist and put me on the chair.

"Thank you."

He nodded and looked back out.

" Also for the-"

"It's fine." he interrupted.

"Oh." I said looking down. Maybe I should stop apologising so much or talking so much.

"I don't know what took over me. I'm sorry you had to see me that angry Sky."

I didn't know whether it was the fact that he apologised or that he called me Sky, that got my adrenaline running. Last night came back vividly, and I tried to let it slide.

"Enzo is why...he'll pay for this." he spoke again, almost mumbling looking upset. I knew he wasn't telling me something and that was from day one. I managed to get up, got close to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He turned to look at me straight in the eyes which was something I didn't expect. I looked back in his blue eyes full of worry, and what looked like concern while he gazed back long and deep.

I began feeling weird. My heart was pounding real fast, and I felt butterflies. Why did I have a strong notion that my feelings for this guy just went levels up? My legs began to give away.
"Careful." He said catching me again. He held onto my waist, and I held his shoulders. I was too scared to look back up, afraid I would feel what I was feeling earlier so I just stared at his chest this time.

"Are you scared of me?"

I looked back at him surprised.

"Is it because of what you saw today?"

"What?" I asked confused. He looked thoughtful, and a bit disappointed.

"It is." he answered his own question, loosening his grip making me hold tighter on his shoulders.

"No, no." I said shaking my head.

"I'm not scared of you." I said reassuringly looking in both eyes. I admire you, I wanted to say but that was too much and I was sure he didn't want to hear that either.

"But if you drop me, I'll be terrified." I warned smiling, and he chuckled. Next thing, he carried me bridal style and took me to bed. Different scenarios rushed to my head as his hands brushed against my thighs, and I felt heat rise up my cheeks. I was thankful the lights were off in. He carefully dropped me, and pulled the blanket on.

He sat by me taking out his phone. "Thanks a lot again."

"It's nothing." he said texting. I was kind of disappointed. For a moment out there, I thought maybe his behaviour would change maybe just a little bit. He got up and left the room. That's when I knew it was maybe a moment to keep to myself and remember whenever or if he was ever mean again. Over my aching body, I lied down and sleep won over within minutes.

I woke up later in the morning with the sun in my face. I attempted covering my face from sunlight but it wasn't working so I just sat up feeling like I had done abs exercises the previous day. Liam wasn't around and I began wondering whether it was just a morning dream. On the nightstand were some painkillers and a bottle of water, it wasn't a dream, I swallowed the pills and got out of bed to my own bedroom. I had a warm shower and slipped into a black long sleeve knitted dress.