Chapter 18

The previous day felt like a dream at first, but it wasn't because I woke up still in his arms. I felt jelly-like just being here. We had a normal morning and I felt like it was my fault because with Lillian around, I didn't want any affection. I felt like I was disrespecting her if I did for some weird reason. In the car, he didn't mention anything about it until we got to work.

"Are you okay?"

"I am. I was just uncomfortable then." I explained taking his hand and smiling but he didn't look like he was buying it.

"You didn't have to lie to get on my good side." He said clearly frustrated. I didn't even get what he meant by that, but then I realised he meant yesterday. I was so mean sometimes. I mean you can't tell someone you have feelings for them yesterday and act like you're friends in the morning.

"I wasn't lying. Stop thinking so far." I said softly kissing his hand. I didn't know where my confidence was from but I liked it. I unbuckled my seatbelt and kissed him to show him what I meant and he pulled me closer but the car honked and I stopped, laughing.

"Let's go." I straightened myself up and was ready to open the door when he spoke again.
"Be careful out there."
"I've been here a hundred times, but okay. Why?"

"You were here before as my friend, but now you've allowed me to think differently so please avoid talking to men." I wanted to laugh, but he looked serious as hell so I just nodded and stepped out.

Our offices were on different floors so I got to mine before he did. He had roses on my desk this morning but there was no card. Well he can speak now like he says so I didn't think he needed it. I sat down, trying to focus on anything but it wasn't working. All I could think of was yesterday, his face, his body and the number of times we kissed. I blushed by myself thinking how stupid I was being. I got up, and walked around my office to free my mind. I grabbed my phone and texted Juan. He thought Liam and I were having issues and now I told we were good and his response was what I expected. Corny. He didn't have his girlfriend anymore though and that was something I would never tell Liam. His arms were quick, and quiet to grab me and turn me around. I almost screamed. I closed my eyes to breathe.

"Stop doing that." I hissed slapping his chest but he ignored it and kissed me.

"I don't think we should be doing that here." I warned liking every second with him.

"I give the rules."

"You said no relationship between coworkers. And we are no?" I asked getting out of his arms and he reluctantly let go.

"By the way, I ordered your food to be here so don't leave your office." He said sitting. I frowned.

"Why? I always go out for break, besides I might need to use the lady's"

"I don't want men ogling at you in that dress, and you have a toilet in your office. That's no excuse." I blinked. He was on again with his control. I walked up to him and sat on his laps earning an eyebrow raise.

"I've been to this place before in this same dress, and nothing happened. I want to step out."

"You've been to this place before in this dress when you didn't allow me to believe anything was happening between us, so I couldn't react then. Now, you're going to listen to me and not step out." He said firmly. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"You need to trust me."

"I trust you, I don't trust them. Stay. In. Your. Office." He said getting up as well. He left without looking back. That meant he was serious. A few years in the military didn't do shit, unless that's what caused it? You're thought to protect what's yours right? Did he think I belonged to him? The thought of it had my stomach going in circles.