Chapter 17

He hadn't changed. He was nice the whole week, and I couldn't have been happier. I mean he was still his usual quiet self, but he was still sweet and brought me flowers everyday at work. I didn't know whether Stacy's theory was right but he did kiss me on my forehead a lot.

At least twice a day and he went to work with me and back. I had my heart racing at every single moment and I hated myself for falling more when he was just being a good friend.
Nicholas was away on a trip and he promised to take me out as soon as he was back but I just wanted to end it. He reminded me that Dylan hadn't replied since but the most important thing was that I accepted his apology and that was that. I texted Stacy on my phone while at my desk, when Liam walked in.

"Hi." I said and he nodded sitting down.

"There is a charity gala next weekend, we have to be at." He informed and I nodded.

"Whose?"

"My parents, it's for kids with Leukemia. It's an annual thing. A tailor will come for your measurements sometime then."

"I didn't know they had an organisation. Then again I didn't know they had a son." I said shaking my head at myself and he chuckled.

My phone rang on the table where we could both see and it was Nicholas. It was a text asking me out on a date tomorrow night. I wanted to throw the phone or just hide it but he had seen it already.

"It's fine, you can go." He said getting up, looking solemn. But I don't want to, I want to stay home with you and watch a movie. I thought.

I just took in my faith, and decided to go and end things with Nicholas. That evening I didn't bother going to Stacy's place to change or anything. If he was okay with the date, then he would be with the outfit as well.

"I'll be back soon." I said checking my bag for my phone and realised I had already put it in the car along with my shoes. There was just something about walking barefooted.

"Don't be -" he started entering the room and stopped in tracks when he saw me. He slightly frowned and turned around to walk away.
"Don't be too late." he said, and I was lightly disappointed. I left feeling down, Nicholas looked excited today until I told him that I just saw him as a friend.

"I just want a friend to talk to, and you seem genuine." he smiled like I didn't just leave him. I nodded.

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

"Can we go to my place?" he asked and I hesitated. He was begging with his eyes. What the hell I thought and nodded.

Turns out he was gay. Sitting in his bachelor pad, I listened to him talk about his childhood, and his boyfriend, and how he thought it might have been a phase but now he was sure and didn't know who talk about it with because he was from a very religious home. He was so sweet I didn't tell him that It also went against everything I believed in but I let him talk. At some point my dress got uncomfortable, and he gave me one of his conquest's sweatpants and tshirt. The man was smaller for him but it still looked big on me. We spoke for hours it seemed and I was drinking tea when I looked at the clock on the wall. My eyes widened and looked outside, the sun was rising.

"Shit, shit, shit." I said going for my phone. Two missed calls. Just two. Shit. I thought again. He was so pissed he could only call twice, or he didn't want to disturb. These were at different times though. Late at night, and just recently.

"I have to go now. I live with someone, and the person must be asleep now." I lied taking my bag. He nodded.

"Sure, thank you so much for listening. I hope we can do this some other time." he said getting up and leading me to the door. I just smiled even though I didn't think so seeing as I just burnt my curfew.