Chapter 16

I was watching a movie alone waiting for the kids to arrive any minute. It turned to hours. With the urgency at which Melissa spoke, I thought it'd be the same day that the kids would arrive the next hour but it was a bit late in the evening now, and Liam was up doing some work or that's what I thought until I heard him call me in the hallway.

When I went out I saw him holding a toddler making cooing noises and tagging at his collars with his little hands. Next to him where two other kids, a boy and girl and a few bags. The toddler had a lot of curly hair like his siblings, short not to disturb his vision, with big brown eyes to match his little mane. The boy, who looked about 7 or 8 had the same hair with mysterious brown eyes, and olive skin talking to Liam. The little girl looked much more quiet, holding a white teddy bear. Her skin was porcelain, with the rosiest cheeks, and biggest brown eyes of all three. Her hair, wavy and thick falling to her back.

They were finally here. I smiled and approached silently, none of them noticing my presence. Liam looked up from his debate, and so did everyone else.

"They just came. This is Leonardo." He said moving the toddler who was still busy figuring out the collar. It stopped sensing my presence and turned to me. I grinned, and just like that, he did too smiling amused. He spread his arms open for me to take him, which I gladly did.
"Hey you." I smiled at him tickling his stomach and he giggled going for my hair.

"He likes you. You're lucky, he's usually feisty." I heard Liam say.

"Of course he would." I heard a smaller voice. I turned to the boy.

"I'm sorry, where are my manners? Hello, what's your name?" I asked bending just a little. He blinked.

"I'm Luke." He smiled taking my hand and kissing it.

"Nice to meet you Luke, I'm-"

"The most beautiful blossoming flower on earth." He said and I was surprised.

"Luke is the little prodigy in the family." Liam explained his behavior, and speech.

"I might be little, but I'm not blind to recognize beauty. My mother said your name was Ximena. A beautiful name."

"You can call me Skylar." I attempted, still adjusting. I felt Leonardo's head on my shoulders, and looked at how he slowly closed his eyes to sleep.

"He must have been tired." Liam said adjusting his little head.

"I'm pretty sure it's because of Skylar. Babies are attracted to pure, kind-hearted people like yourself." He said almost looking at me in awe. I giggled at Liam's eye roll.

"What did your mom also say about Skylar, Luke?" He asked him crossing his arms.

"That she's your fiancée." He said and paused turning to his uncle. "But really it's finders keepers" he said and my eyes widened a bit as he turned back to me with a sigh of happiness.

"How old are you?" I asked happy about the little company I made myself.

"7 but age is nothing but a number." He said thoughtfully and turned to his uncle. I took the opportunity to talk to the little girl.

"Hi sweetie, what's your name?" I asked with a small smile. She gave me one back with all her teeth.

"My name is Lola, and I'm 5." She said and I almost gasped at her cuteness.

"Hey Lola I'm Skylar, do you want to go round or play?" I asked and she nodded.

"First let's get you to your room, and your little brother to bed." I said taking her hand with my free one.