nine.

C a l y p s o

Calypso was not having a good day.

Even though it was only lunchtime, yet she already knew that she'd only be getting a few hours of sleep tonight. Calypso's day had started out horrible when she overslept her alarm by an hour and had shown up five minutes late to her first period class, earning her a scolding from her ever strict AP English teacher that left Calypso humiliated. Every single one of her teachers – even her U.S. History teacher, which rarely assigned any homework – had assigned large piles of homework that were all unfortunately due the next day. On top of that, not only did Calypso have an extra long Gardening Club meeting planned for after school that day, her dad was now forcing her to pick up the family car from the auto shop simply because he didn't want to.

So, yes. All Calypso wanted at this point was for her horrible day to be over.

It was kind of funny. Calypso had actually enjoyed high school the first two years. Her workload was little to nothing every night, despite her taking several advanced classes, and she actually liked most her teachers. Calypso had this almost naive hope that the rest of high school would be just like her first two years, and all the rumors about junior year being the hardest were just a bunch of lies.

Yet here Calypso was, a little over a week into her junior year and she was absolutely miserable. If this was an indication of how the rest of the year was going to be, Calypso was almost ready to drop out right now.

Calypso slumped down in her seat and hid her head in her hands, letting out a loud groan that was noticeable to the whole table.

Annabeth, who was sitting next to her, raised an eyebrow. "Well someone's in a cranky mood."

Calypso stuck her tongue out at her friend. "I have a right to be! I have too much homework I need to do after school, and my dad is forcing me to go pick up his stupid car simply because he's too lazy to."

A small knowing smirk appeared on Thalia's face. "Are you sure that's such a bad thing?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Have you forgotten all about your lover boy?" Rachel teased, leaning over to nudge an incredibly embarrassed Calypso in the shoulder. "Or should we call him Repair Boy."

"I highly doubt she has," Reyna chimed in, a teasing grin on her face. "She's always staring at him in Physics class."

Calypso's mouth dropped. "I do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

Calypso let out another loud groan of annoyance, causing the group to burst into loud laughter. "You all are absolute menaces," She informed the table. "I hate you all."

Even though they teased her a little bit more, Calypso was thankful when they finally started talking about the upcoming musical auditions that had Piper panicking. Calypso, however, couldn't stop thinking about all the jokes her friends had made. Sure, Calypso found Leo incredibly funny and cute – even if he had a habit of pushing her buttons. She seemed to "flirt" with him more than the average guy, not that Calypso was much of a flirt in the first place.

But that didn't mean anything.

Calypso turned her attention back to the table, trying to keep her mind over thoughts of stupid crushes and "flirting." Piper was still stressing over the musical, freaking out because she had never really auditioned for anything before, and the group was trying their best to calm her down.