thirty.

C a l y p s o

Calypso had always known she was kind of an idiot.

Sure, she had relatively good grades and managed to make it through most days without making too much of a fool of herself – although, that second part couldn't always be guaranteed. On the surface, Calypso appeared to be smart. But she knew that she could be incredibly stupid about a lot of things in her life.

Especially when it came to Leo Valdez.

The two had known they were soulmates for weeks now, and neither of them had yet to say those words out loud to anyone but each other. Well, she didn't know if Leo had said anything. Calypso hadn't said anything to her friends, even though she knew for a fact that her friends were incredibly curious about what exactly went down on their first Grease movie date and why Calypso seemed to be spending so much time at a 'random auto shop'.

Calypso certainly didn't mention it to her dad, who would've likely gone on yet another long lecture about the 'ridiculousness' of the whole concept of soulmates.

If she were being honest, a small part of her was terrified of telling people that she had found her soulmate. Every time she got excited about the fact she had found the person the universe thought she was meant to be with, Calypso heard her dad's voice in her head, telling her that none of that was meant to be.

But as far as Calypso knew, Leo didn't seem to be resentful over...well...hiding their relationship. He admitted that he wanted to be more public, but he knew how hesitant Calypso was, so he told her all that mattered was that she was comfortable and that he was still dating her.

Hearing that almost made Calypso fall for him all over again. But she was already head over heels for him – even though it was difficult for her to say that out loud.

Lunch was normally pretty uneventful for Calypso and her friends. Most of the time, they ended up ranting about horrible classes or people that had annoyed them that day.

But when a certain group of boys showed up at their lunch table that day, Calypso knew their lunch period was going to become a lot more interesting.

Calypso wasn't entirely sure why Frank, Leo, Percy, Jason, Nico and Will all wanted to sit with them. She figured it likely had to do with the fact that two – well, three – of their soulmates were sitting at the table, and Percy and Annabeth were crushing on each other but had yet to say anything to each other about it. But, Calypso didn't mind. She enjoyed having them around, even if she didn't know them as well as she knew her best friends.

However, that didn't stop Calypso's eyes from widening when Leo took the seat next to her and his knee pressed up against hers. As everyone else at the table engaged in a loud conversation, Calypso glanced at Leo, who was grinning brightly at her as he mouthed "Fancy seeing you here, Sunshine".

The corner of Calypso's lip twitched in an attempt to fight back her smile. Fortunately, Thalia's voice carried over the chaos of the table, distracting Calypso from her thoughts.

"Alright, how you answer this question will determine whether you have a place at this table." Thalia demanded as soon as the boys got settled in their chairs. "What was the better Harry Potter ship? Drarry or Hinny?"

"Hinny," Percy said at the same time Jason went "Drarry."

"Are you kidding me?" Jason shouted, causing both Piper and Nico to jump in surprise next to him and the latter glare darkly at the blonde boy. "We've been over this! You're just as oblivious as Harry! Him and Draco were meant to be!"

"Are you kidding? Draco tried to kill Harry on multiple occasions and was an awful human being," Annabeth interjected into the conversation, causing Percy to nod in agreement beside her. "Just because Harry and Ginny kind of sucked in the movies doesn't mean they were incredible together."

"I don't know..." Rachel sang. "I do love a good enemies to lovers story."

"Drarry is not enemies to lovers, and we all know it!" Hazel shot back, causing the table to fall into yet another debate because apparently not everyone did 'know it'.

Will, who was watching the conversation with wide eyes, leaned over to Calypso and quietly asked, "Is it always like this here?"

Overhearing his question, Reyna answered aloud, "Yes, they're all absolutely nightmares. But I love them anyway."

"I've seen worse debates," Piper chuckled, taking a sip out of her water bottle before continuing. "One time me and Calypso got into an extremely heated debate at 2am about whether Sharpay was an actual villain in High School Musical."

"Yeah, Gabriella and Troy kind of sucked," Calypso said, wanting to get her point into the conversation. "But Sharpay was the villain in the end. She was constantly trying to sabotage productions and events for her own benefit!"

"Are you kidding?" Leo exclaimed. "Sharpay was constantly screwed over by all those characters. She was the victim."

"I will kill you."

Completely unaffected by her words, Leo nudged her in the shoulder and teased, "It would be an honor to be killed by you, Sunshine."

Hazel sent Calypso a questioning look, but she was quickly distracted by Frank wrapping an arm around her shoulder and starting a conversation about an art assignment. Feeling her cheeks redden, Calypso looked back down at her food, trying her best to distract herself from her quickening heartbeat.

Those feelings only seemed to magnify when Calypso felt Leo's hand brush up against her.

At first, she thought it was just an accident. That was, however, until Calypso felt his pinky hook with hers, and then both their hands settled back on her knee. When Calypso looked at Leo out of the corner of her eye, she could see a small, lovestruck smile playing on his lips – a type of smile so different from his normal mischievous grin. This shy smile only seemed to come out whenever Leo was around Calypso, which made Calypso's cheeks burn even more as she tried to focus her attention on her lunch tray instead of making her feelings too obvious.

Their pinkies stayed linked under the table for the rest of the lunch period.