eighteen.

C a l y p s o

Calypso had no clue what was happening in Physics.

Science had never been Calypso's best subject. Unlike some of her friends who thrived in subjects like science and math, Calypso did her best in her history and English classes. Calypso had managed to do somewhat well in her Biology and Chemistry, but Physics seemed to be ten times worse than all those subjects combined. She had never been a math genius in the first place, and the perplexing formulas and laws made the subject so much more confusing.

It certainly didn't help that Leo was sitting right in front of Calypso.

Just as Calypso was about to fall asleep entirely, Piper leaned over and whispered, "Do you understand any of this?"

"Why do you think I do?" Calypso questioned in a quiet voice, not wanting their Physics teacher to hear their conversation when he was in the middle of yet another boring lecture.

"You have an A-!" Rachel pointed out.

"Barely," Calypso groaned. "I study all the time and I still don't understand half of it. The only reason I have that good of a grade is because of all that extra credit I do."

"You seriously do the extra credit?" Rachel whispered as she tried rapidly scribbling down a few notes from the board. "I'm way too unmotivated for that sort of thing."

"It's the only thing keeping my grade afloat so I have to do it," Calypso responded as she attempted to try and pay attention to Mr. Bayless. "You know what my dad would do if my grades start slipping."

"Ladies."

All three girls' heads snapped up to see Mr. Bayless staring at them and – in a rare show of emotion – seemed to be glaring at the trio. "Is there anything you want to share with the class?"

While Piper and Rachel didn't care in the slightest about being called out like this, Calypso wanted to bury her head in her hands out of embarrassment. "No!" Calypso managed to say. "We're sorry!"

In front of her, Leo turned his head around to look back at Calypso and smirk. "Kiss ass," he mouthed.

"Do you have anything you would like to add to the conversation, Mr. Valdez?" Mr. Bayless said with a raised eyebrow, a hint of warning in his voice.

Leo turned back around and twirled a pencil casually in his hand. "No, Mr. B."

Mr. Bayless narrowed his eyes at the students, but sensing that they were going to stay quiet, turned back to the screen and switched the PowerPoint slide to start a new topic.

As Calypso exhaled a sigh of relief over being out of the 'hot seat', Leo turned back to her and mouthed "kiss ass" once again. In response, Calypso stuck her tongue out at him and mouthed "Fuck you".

"What a cute relationship," Piper muttered under her breath.

Calypso kicked her in the shins under the table, and Piper let out a small laugh at that. As Calypso tried her best to copy down the notes, Rachel was doodling small pictures in the corner of her notebook, and Piper had given up entirely on the lesson and was now just on her phone.