twenty-one.

L e o

There's this whole stereotype that it would be the girl would be the one freaking out before the first date. In every rom-com teen movie or tv show, there would be this crazy montage that shows the main girl getting ready for a 'date' with the guy they've had a crush on for a while, and it usually consists of them throwing outfits in the air and yelling "I have nothing to wear!"

Leo hadn't reached that level of crazy. But that didn't mean he wasn't still panicking.

He had yet to pull out of the driveway of his home. Leo had a little bit of time before he had to drive over to pick up Calypso, so it wasn't as if he was in any danger of showing up late. As a result, he took the small amount of time he did have and was trying to use it to figure out how to calm his nerves.
So, Leo called one of his best friends.

"Jesus Christ, Leo," Jason laughed loudly over the phone. "You spend years making fun of me for how 'mushy' I get around Piper, and now you're calling me for advice before your date with Calypso. I am not the best person to ask in this situation."

"Yeah well I need some help!" Leo hissed despite no one being around. "I don't think I'm physically capable of driving over to her house right now, let alone go on the date."

"Listen, if you got the courage to ask out Calypso in the first place, then you can most certainly go through with the date you've been excited for all week. Alright?"

"You're the best, Jason."

"You're an idiot, Leo," He joked before hanging up the phone.

Finally thinking he had mustered up the courage, Leo turned on his car and pulled out of the driveway. He took a peek at the clock on my dashboard and let out a sigh of relief when he saw that he had more than a few minutes to spare until he had to be at Calypso's. Leo had always been notorious for being late, but this was one of the few times where he really wanted to be somewhere on time.

His nerves level didn't decrease once on the drive over. If anything, they had only gone up. When he originally asked Calypso out, Leo had spent most of it fully preparing for a rejection. Leo hadn't anticipated her actually saying yes.

A few minutes later, Leo pulled into Calypso's driveway and parked the car. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and sent her a message that he was there.

It took a couple minutes before he saw the front door open, Calypso run out of the house and down the driveway, and jump into the passenger's seat. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be late," She said quickly, still with a bright grin on her face. "I started getting ready about a while ago, and when I finally looked at my phone again, you were texting me that you were outside my house. I totally lost track of time."

"You do look pretty, though," Leo responded as he pulled out of the driveway, and he couldn't help but notice out of the corner of his eye that Calypso's cheeks had gone a bright shade of pink.
"Also, this is unrelated but I snuck a bunch of snacks and drinks under the backseat so we don't have to dish out a bunch of money for overpriced movie snacks."

"Seriously? Drive-in theaters have overpriced snacks too?" Calypso laughed while tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. It was then that Leo noticed that her hair was down today, which was a change from the usual plaits her hair was in. It wasn't as if she was any less pretty. Calypso just looked different. "I thought they would be exempt from the whole 'overpriced food' rule," She continued.