twenty.

F r a n k

Frank and Hazel had both been completely procrastinating their art projects.

The portraits were due the next day, and neither of them were finished with sketching the other person, even with the hours spent in art class given to them to work on their projects. That time usually ended up with either Frank or Hazel starting a conversation and the two of them not wanting to finish it until the bell rang at the end of the period.

Frank didn't mind this trade-off too much. Actually, he didn't mind it at all. The only problem that came with it was the situation they were faced with now: Neither of them were done with a huge project that was due the next day.

So after football practice, him and Hazel were planning on meeting up on the bleachers to try and finish the portraits of the other person. Even though the two didn't necessarily need the other person to finish the sketch, Hazel had suggested and Frank certainly wasn't going to say no to the idea of spending more time with Hazel.

Frank turned his focus back to Coach Hedge, who was yelling at a group of guys for reasons he didn't quite know – Frank hadn't exactly been paying attention. Practice was supposed to be over really soon, and Frank could see that almost everyone on the team, including himself, were itching to get out of there.

Glancing up the bleachers, Frank found Hazel already sitting there, doing homework and listening to music. She looked up to see him staring up at her and began to wave, a wide smile appearing on her face. Even though he was sure she couldn't see it, Frank couldn't help but grin back in return.

Coach Hedge's shrill whistle interrupted Frank's thoughts. "You all are a bunch of sweaty idiots! I can't deal with you lot anymore!" He yelled through his bullhorn, despite standing right next to the team. "Practice is over! Get out of here!"

A few members of the team let out quiet sighs of relief as they began the long jog back to the locker room, but many more began to groan. Honestly, to Frank, the jog back was worse than any exercise they had to do. It was already a long jog back as it was, but the team members were already tired from the practice, so it made their exhaustion so much worse. If they weren't worn out before, then they definitely would be after the run.

"Hey, did anyone see that girl up in the bleachers?" One of the sophomores questioned, catching Frank's attention. "I know she was far away, but she was seriously hot."

"Who do you think she is?" One of his friends asked. "Because I've never seen her around here before."

"Hazel's way out of your league," Frank scoffed quietly under his breath.

"You know her?" The first guy asked, leaning against the locker next to Frank's.

Despite his annoyance, Frank almost wanted to laugh. This was Goode High, a school where nearly everyone knew everyone or at the very least had seen them around. The fact that they were clueless about who Hazel was almost entertaining to Frank.

"Like I said," Frank answered, brushing him off. "Hazel's way out of your league."

"Well someone's a little overprotective," Carson sauntered over with a huge smirk on his face as he pulled his shirt over his head. "Does little Frankie have a crush?"