twenty-eight.

J a s o n

"Ten minutes 'til curtain! Ten minutes 'til curtain!"

Mr. Apollo's yells were drowned out by the chaos backstage. Few actors listened to him as they were running around putting costumes in quick change areas and doing last-minute reads of scripts. Props were being placed in the correct area on the props table, actors were fixing up the mic tape, and several people still weren't even in costume with only a few minutes to go until the curtain went up.

It was opening night and – simply put – everyone was losing their shit.

Jason was thankful that he didn't actually go into the show until a while later, as it meant he had a little more time to put himself together without feeling rushed. Sitting at the edge of the choir room with Gwen and Piper, the trio couldn't help but laugh hysterically at the insanity surrounding us.

"I'll bet you ten dollars that the vein popping out on Mr. Apollo's head is going to explode any second now," Piper giggled as she took some Sour Patch Watermelons out of the jumbo-sized bag she had brought.

Gwen nodded and snorted with laughter when Mr. Apollo ran past the trio again, seemingly in a frantic state. "He's going to have a nervous breakdown by the end of tonight," She agreed. "Let's try and not antagonize that poor man."

"It's some funny stuff though," Jason said.

The director himself came over, wringing his hands. "Don't you three have to be onstage?" He practically yelled.

"We don't go on for at least another thirty minutes," Gwen pointed out.

Mr. Apollo let out a loud sigh of exasperation and ran off in the other direction. Giggling, Piper fixed up the enormous skirt of her costume so she could sit more comfortably on the floor as she asked, "Is he always like this with shows?"

"Definitely," Jason nodded. "I don't think the vein's going to pop. It'll probably be his eyes that bug out of his head. Or he'll lose his voice from the excessive amount of screaming."

"It'll probably be that," Gwen agreed as she took another handful out of the Sour Patch bag and stood up. "I kind of want to hang out backstage and laugh at everyone's misery. I'll see you guys in a little bit."

Gwen winked at the couple as she practically skipped out of the room, causing Piper to burst into laughter. "It's like she thinks we aren't in a relationship still!" She managed to say in between laughs. "I mean, it was pretty clear the day we got together."

"Well when two people's tattoos start glowing after they kiss, I think it's a pretty sure sign that they're going to get together," Jason chuckled, leaning his shoulder against Piper's as he changed the subject. "Didn't you say your friends are coming tonight?"

"All my friends are coming tonight," Piper answered as she rested her head on his shoulder. "Although, you probably knew Thalia was coming. I think they're going to come next weekend as well, too. When are your friends coming?"

"I'm pretty sure they're all coming tonight as well," Jason replied.

The pair's conversation was interrupted by Gwen running frantically into the choir room. "Overture just started," Gwen managed to say even though she was bent over, trying to catch her breath. "And it's a full house. Thought you'd want to know."

Gwen ran back out of the room, probably to tell other cast members the news. Piper froze up next to me with her smile fading, her eyes seemed to be growing wide in fear. "Full house?" She said in a shaky voice.