p r o l o g u e

➵

HER FEET TOOK SLOW STEPS through the winter cold forest, her left hand gripped tightly onto the body of the strong wood, her other hand was used to pull the string back that had an arrow rested on it. Each step she took, she could hear the satisfying crunch between cold leaves and pearl frosty snow underneath her feet that were covered from leather brown boots.

A large coat hung onto her body, she had stolen it from a shop obviously. She knew that Nancy's jacket couldn't help warm her just by itself. Her hair was tied back into a messy ponytail, you would probably see the little bump that showed on her grey beanie.

Claudia Parker didn't know how long it had been ever since she last saw her friends, she had unfortunately lost count.

But she knew it must have been a very long time considering the seasons had changed while the runaway left. The trees were covered white, only just being able to see the brown bark. But she found no leaves, only thick or thin branches being left on the trees that she had walked passed.

Claudia saw the drawn target on the fat tree that grew in front of her and with her eyes never leaving the red and white circle, she brought her right hand back. She brought the bow up as she tried to find the perfect aim in which she hoped when she let the arrow fly, it would land directly in the middle.

So, with one last concentrated glare, she let the arrow go and she watched it fly away from her.

Bullseye.

She was getting better by the second.

Before Claudia could walk over and pull the arrow out of the frosted tree, she heard a rustle within the white bushes behind her and she immediately turned her head, "Hello?" Her voice soft yet loud enough for anyone to hear clearly.

No reply.

And she didn't know whether she should be worried or not.

So, without even thinking, Claudia grabbed another long arrow from her black quiver that hung on her back. And she began to put the arrow in its place, her bow still low as she prepared herself.

There was another rustle.

And a figure stood up.

Which made Claudia aim the arrow at the person, about to shoot her when she froze in her spot.

There were two people considering the other person quickly stood up when he saw Claudia aim her arrow at the girl. The man had a beard and brown hair, his hands raised up in the air as if he was defending himself.

Then there was the girl Claudia was about to shoot; her hair was in a pixie dust kind of haircut and she wore an oversized jacket with a hat, a dirty pink dress with white and worn-out sneakers.

Claudia pulled the bow down slowly, her eyes fixated on the girl in front of her as her breath hitched and her eyebrows knitted together.

"Eleven?"

/////

WELCOME BACK BITCHESSSSSSS

JK YOU GUYS ARE QUEENS

THIS WAS JUST THE PROLOGUE AND I'M LIKE SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS YAY

BYEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-Indiana