xix

➵

HOPPER, ELEVEN AND CLAUDIA CAUTIOUSLY walked through the abandoned lab where Eleven use to be trapped in, the three always turning corners with nervousness as they hoped anyone or anything would be there.

They were finally back as a family again just like it use to be before Eleven and Claudia had ran away to find Kali, they discussed everything that happened in the car trip that travelled here. They all seemed to understand each others flaws and problems, Eleven was just impatient, Hopper was just worried, and Claudia was just broken.

Claudia had her bow kept low and shielding her as she looked everywhere, all the rooms she checked to make sure that the coast was clear, that they were alright. She wasn't going to lie, she was very scared just in case they ran into something that they all would not want to catch a glimpse of. They were in a line, no one wanted to be in the back or the front as their preference was staying in the middle where they would be shielded, so they were all equal in the line but Claudia was a little bit behind though as she was slightly limping.

When they reached the stairs, they rushed down them and encountered an old man who was laying on the ground and his back was pressed against the wall. Hopper had gotten his belt and wrapped his blood covered injury with it to stop it from overflowing, Claudia had to look away and she gagged when seeing the disturbing injury.

The finally reached their destination after taking another couple flight of stairs, it looked like chaos. They hid behind a wall when Hopper had seen demogorgons, he was about to step out a shoot them along with Claudia but when they looked back at the creatures, they weren't there anymore and had crawled their way into the hell hole.

"Well," Claudia began when pulling her bow down lowly and she let out a deep breath, "that was a lot easier than I expected."

But they didn't waste no time in rushing over to the elevator which would give them access to reach the gate that Eleven was going to close, it would take effort but the three had to try their best, even having to go further than what they expected.

It was very humid and that bothered Claudia a lot, she could already feel the layer of sweat expand in the palm of her hands along with the back of her neck. She was nervous, very nervous for what was to come and so she tightened her grip on her bow and the string that already held an arrow. She watched as Eleven brought out her hand to the gate, a stubborn and concentrated look on her face and that was when hell began and Claudia looked in front of her.

Hopper held up his rifle as he looked around as well as Claudia, they were like Eleven's body guards. It didn't take long until they could all hear the sound of the gate closing along with cries from demodogs (says Dustin) and their figures ran up to them, prepared to pounce on them.

Claudia finally let go of her first arrow when she saw one of the species crawl up the wall, it's petal mouth staring right at her while it roared, she watched as it limp body fell down into whatever was below them, she didn't even want to know. And after that arrow came a lot more when they got deeper into this defensive fight, Claudia only had fifteen arrows in her quiver and she already spent five on killing the creatures, she wasn't going to last. She could only rely on Hopper and Eleven, Hopper for if he had spare bullets to shield her and Eleven, and Eleven for how long she was going to be.

Not only was Eleven bleeding from both noses, but her ears as well and she was flying in the air while putting as much pressure and force as she could onto the gate, seeing the demogorgon's shadow. Claudia looked behind her shoulder just in time to see what was happening, but she didn't look for too long when she spent her last arrow on striking one of the creatures in the heart. And she knew that she couldn't do anything but whack the creatures with her bow, it was all that she had left anyway.

When fighting off one of the demodogs, she didn't see one that was eyeing her back. So the specie jumped onto the metal lift, attacking her hip that had been the most open to the animal. Claudia had just fought off the demogorgon she was fighting, so when she felt the stabbing feeling on her hip, she stopped everything she was doing.

And she screamed.

She screamed louder than Eleven.

She screamed just when she felt it dig it's multiple teeth in the side of her hip, the cry of help alarming Hopper and he quickly aimed his rifle at the animal, shooting it down within seconds. The problem was, Hopper thought that she was screaming because it was close to her, not because it bit her hip. No one had actually seen what happened except for Claudia.

Then, it was like everything stopped.

The gate had closed.

The demogorgons had ran away.

It all fell silent.

Immediately, Hopper went over to Eleven who had fallen to the ground, unable to do anything. Her body looked pale and weak, her skin looked cracked like within any second, she would break. He hugged her tightly and proudly as he placed his rifle next to them, Eleven hugged him back as she let out a deep breath, her voice was hoarse from screaming so much and she swore that she was going to pass out.

Except she didn't.

It was someone else.

Claudia gripped onto her now injured and bloody hip, she was losing a lot more blood than she expected. She tried to stay silent, but the sob that escaped her lips said otherwise when she looked down at her bloody body. The back of her head was tingling repeatedly, an ear piercing alarm noise ringing through her ears and her vision began to go blurry, black spots covering her eyes when she tried to look for Eleven and Hopper who were staring right at her confusingly. But she didn't know that because everything was dark, blank, void.

"Eleven."

And she collapsed to the ground, unconsciousness overwhelming her.

/////

WOAH

WOAHHHHH

RIP CLAUDIA

SHE DEAD

NAH NAH JK

BUT SHE COULD BE

WHO KNOWS

BYEEEEEEEEE!

-Indiana