xv

➵

FINALLY, THE GIRLS WERE BACK in Hawkins, Indiana; a place where their homes and friends were. It felt good to be back somewhere where Claudia had grown up in and stayed in, she couldn't have been happier because it was like she was back to normal, like everything was back on track.

Except it wasn't.

Oh, it was nothing close to perfect, everything was a mess. The girls had been gone for so long that they didn't even realise how dangerous and scary Hawkins had turned into. After Claudia had taken a loud deep breath, she turned to Eleven who was staring in the distance of the woods, "So, where to now?" She asked and the telekinesis girl pointed right in front of her, the same direction of where the Byers' house was.

"They need help, we have to help them." Eleven answered, "We have to fight."

And immediately, Claudia choked on her saliva and started to frantically walk around, many no's slipping from her mouth and spoken directly at Eleven, "Fight what exactly? Because I swear if you say what I think you're going to say, I'm not going to do it-"

"-Demogorgons," Eleven cut Claudia off, making the other girl whine and groan when Claudia's worries had been answered, and she hated the fact that they had to fight against these sickening, dangerous creatures. But nonetheless, Claudia wouldn't let Eleven do this on her own as Eleven needed Claudia as much as Claudia needed Eleven.

So, the two best friends began to make their way through the dark woods, already getting bad vibes when they heard gurgling and inhuman noises in the distance, and the setting didn't look too innocent either. Claudia pulled an arrow from her quiver and placed it in set, prepared to shoot any moment if something came at her.

It was like that night at the school when Claudia had put herself in the janitors closet, staying hidden from the bad men and the demogorgon. It was pitch black and everything that was silent became so insanely clear that it made Claudia slowly lose her mind, like the blood that was rushing around her shaking body, she could hear her heart thump out of her chest.

thump thump thump thump thump thump

And on it went, Claudia could hear it scream out of her chest.

She could even hear the voices that were stuck in her head, pleading for the brunette to turn away, to not follow Eleven, to not do anything risky or dangerous.

It was something that Claudia had learned to ignore although they never left, like scars that could never harm her.

Threats that could never stop her.

Fears that could never scare her.

They saw the well known house standing in front of them and Claudia let out a sigh of relief, glad to know that they weren't going to fight anything.

Except, she was all wrong.

Because she then heard rustling from behind her and there, demogorgons surrounding the two girls slowly, like a predator preparing itself to pounce on it's prey. The two girls wasted no time into filling the species one by one, Eleven obviously doing a better job than Claudia who was using arrows within arrows, and she knew that she wasn't going to last forever.