xi

➵

CLAUDIA COULDN'T HELP THE SMILE that had plastered onto her face when she felt his arms wrap around her, "Where the hell have you been?!" She heard Dustin exclaim as he had pulled away, seeing his adorable smile brightly at her.

It was so good to see him again.

But she sighed heavily, knowing that his question was going to be the first thing that someone would say to her, and she doesn't blame them considering she would be curious as well. "It's a uh...it's a long story," She answered, her hands fiddling with the bow that was resting in both of her hands now.

Dustin's eyebrows knitted together when her answer wouldn't allow to cross his mind, "Claudia, you've been gone for three years! I think I'm fine with hearing this, no matter how long it is." He replied.

"Is this the girl you like?" The two young teenagers whipped their heads to look at the older teen who was staring at them with a very confused face.

Immediately Dustin had answered and he shook his head quickly, "No! No! Definitely no!" He scrunched his face up and slightly gagged, just to get his point out to his friend. Claudia just stood there and laughed, seeing that Dustin was already back to acting like his usual goofy and funny self, "Also! Claudia meet Steve, Steve meet Claudia. Steve use to be Nancy's boyfriend-"

"-Mike's sister?" Claudia asked in which Steve nodded his head, a slight smile on his face to greet her.

"And everybody predicted that Claudia was dead," Dustin hesitated, hearing how weird that sounded and he let out a deep breath. "which she isn't. She just went missing-"

"-Correction: ran away, I ran away. I may have gone missing but not accidentally." Claudia had cut Dustin off, folding her arms and changed from leaning on her right foot to her left.

"Exactly!" Dustin exclaimed, "Both are bad though."

Steve was processing everything that was happening at this very moment, and he seemed to be very into it considering his nose was scrunched up as he tried to think of everything, "So, I'm guessing you're going to help us?" He asked.

Claudia had then suddenly nervously chuckled, in which she let out a long 'um'. "I will...but I will do it secretly...yes! I will help spy!" She answered, giggling faintly at the end.

But Dustin knew exactly what was wrong with Claudia, he knew what was happening between Mike and Claudia, considering he always talked to Mike about basically everything and anything. "You aren't ready to see him, aren't you?" He questioned and it left the brunette to sigh and nod her head. "You know you should really see him, he looks worse, way worse."

"How?" Claudia asked, looking up at Dustin as she wanted answers.

"He thinks too much, overthinks basically everything, he's always blaming things on himself and he hasn't been getting much sleep. All of this stress is overpowering him; Will, the upside down, school, Eleven...you."

"Me?" Claudia repeated, the word chanting into her mind like it was ringing in her ear.

"Yeah, it's mostly you." Dustin sighed and he patted Claudia's shoulder softly to let her know that he was here for her, just like best friends would do, "And the words I'm about to say next are very true, Mike even said it himself so please - for the love of god - do not freak out."

"What? What is it?"

"He may be a bit in love with you."

/////

HWIJHFIWJFIEHF

CLIKE CLIKE CLIKE

GUYS IT'S HAPPENING HOLY SHET

FHWFWEFHIU WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAPPY

BECAUSE I AMMMMMMM

YEEEEEEEEEEE

BYEEEEEEEEEEE!

-Indiana