xvi

➵

IT WAS QUIET, IT WAS so silent like everyone was too busy processing everything into their minds as they all stared at the girl that they hadn't seen in three years. Mike Wheeler stood there, his face so shocked and he seemed to be so in denial that the girl he had liked for so long was standing directly in front of him.

Claudia's eyes were only glistening at Mike, she didn't dare to take her eyes off of him and he didn't want to take his brown eyes off her, he had to admire her beauty from head to toe and he hadn't done it in so long. Everything stood very still and the world moved slowly as if they could have time to themselves, only to spend it staring at each other.

Mike looked a lot more older than last time Claudia had seen him; he didn't have that small and fragile figure, he grew taller and looked more mature than ever. But Claudia looked different as well, her haircut that she had gotten from Kali's group made her look mature as well, cut to the collarbone with many layers. They had turned her straight strands to curly locks that bounced each time she took a step.

Everyone was so speechless, no one didn't know what to do. Claudia couldn't even speak herself because of how overwhelmed she was and especially being lost in the those big brown eyes that she had always wished to do.

But finally, Mike took a step towards her as if he was walking on eggshells, thinking that if he made a wrong move, she would run away from him again. And he didn't want that, he never wanted that in the first place. His eyes were teary along with Claudia's and he could feel how much he needed this, like seeing her had changed another gear in his mind once again.

And then, all that Claudia could feel next was a warm and comforting embrace coming from Mike Wheeler, feeling him hugging her was something that she always needed and he needed it too. They held onto each other tightly not wanting to let the other go, her arms wrapped around him as she buried her head into his chest as of Mike who's head rested on her shoulder and his hands held onto her waist, bringing her closer to him.

The two lovers held onto each other, never wanting to let go of each other, they didn't want to let go of this moment either. It had been three years since they had seen each other and finally, they got to meet again.

But they couldn't stay like that forever.

So, Claudia and Mike pulled away, only Mike's hands didn't let go of her waist. Claudia had a tear roll down her cheek as she sniffled a bit, "M-Mike...Mike I'm so...so so sorry," She choked to grasp onto words as her lips quivered and trembled, but she couldn't have a meltdown here. "I d-didn't know what-what I was thinking! I am so stupid to run away from everything that I had, and-and I ran away just because you were hanging out...with some s-stupid new girl!"

Mike felt his heart slowly rip when he listened to Claudia. Her voice may have been broken and upset but it always had this angelic touch to it, he always wanted to listen to it. It was something he loved most about her.

Scratch that.

He loved everything about her.

Like if someone said he could only say one word as to what he loved most about Claudia Parker.

Everything.

He would say everything.

Mike then cupped her face with his large hands, his thumb caressing her cheeks as he cooed her, "Claudia, it's okay," He replied, "D-Don't apologise because I'm the one that should. I'm sorry I left you to be with some other girl who meant nothing to me. Claudia, you are not stupid and you will never be, you are amazing. Okay? You're amazing."

His face beamed with softness and glee as Claudia watched Mike's lips curve upwards in a slow pace.

He smiled.

Oh how his smile always made her feel so much better.

So she smiled too.

Oh how he dreamed to see that smile plaster itself on her daring face.

"ENOUGH LOVEY DOVEY SHIT, CLAUDIA COME OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!"

That definitely was Lucas.

/////

FWJHFUIEHFEUWIHFIUEWF OMG GUYS UYS GUYS GUYSG UYS

THEY FBAFHHEWFEHF THEY HUGGED AND JWHFUEWHFUIEWHFIUWE

IM CRYING LIKE HOLY FRICKING SHIT

BYEEEEEEEEEEE!

-Indiana