summary | the story of us

Ever since Eleanora "Nellie" Dreher could remember, she's made maps. They aren't real maps that resemble any actual cities, of course; she made up every twist and turn in the paper towns by her own scintillating imagination. There isn't anything more exhilarating to Nellie than filling up a notebook with these doodles, imagining them coming to life. 

              The only thing that could be better than drawing cities is getting to see already made ones with her own eyes. She's stuck in a small town in the South, where nothing ever seems to happen since the Civil War. Due to the fact that the eighteen year old is broke and has a family to think about, she can't ever actually leave. Nellie is stuck with making the maps because if she can't visit the world, she might as well create it.  

               Indira "Indie" Rao doesn't feel the same way about things, preferring to grab onto her dreams with two hands and never taking no for an answer. In her old school bus that she avers as her new home, she's traveled down nearly every road in the original thirteen colonies in America. Well the important ones, anyway.  

              One of these highly important roads happens to lead to the sleepy lake side town of Franklin, where the unlikely pair meet. The budding cartographer and the avid traveler are an odd pair, that's for sure, but it doesn't stop the two from striking up a friendship.

              Or maybe Nellie and Indie are way more than just friends. 

just a second warning here: i am aware of all the typos. pls stop pointing them out lmao its been 2 years and im currently rewritting!

dedicated to woowoowriting for the lovely banner that just screams talent