chapter nine | everything has changed

If there is one thing that I don't expect to see at Miss Mariam's backyard, it's the one and only Indie Rao. 

        I know that we actually met at her house, but I just assumed that it was a one time thing. For all that I was aware of, I was the only one who visited Miss Mariam at a steady basis. She has friends that come over and everyone in a while, but those are always scheduled days in advanced. 

        This surprise was not schedule beforehand, or at least it wasn't scheduled by me. it isn't that I'm not a fan of surprising, as I don't typically have any problem with the good ones. The bad ones aren't that tough to deal with either, as you just have to look at it in a different light. You can find the light at the end of the tunnel for nearly any situation life throws your way. 

        It's just that it's happy to see a girl I have a crush on for the first time in two weeks and I wasn't expecting to at all. Ever since being grounded and not being able to leave the house, I've came to Miss Mariam's house at the regular time. Not one have I see Indie here and never has she told me she visited my neighbor, even though she texts me nearly everyday. I would have thought that this would come up at least once, but I guess that I'm wrong about at lot of things.  

        The two dark haired ladies looks up, as I walk further into the yard. I guess that they weren't expecting me to come over here any less than I thought they would be, so it's a fair match.  Indie and Miss Mariam continue doing whatever they were doing before I rained on their parade, but I can't see what exactly that is at this point in the yard. Whatever the heck it is, it takes place in the middle of her back porch and results in the two people huddling over the table. 

        As I get closer to them, I see that they weren't actually doing anything. I thought that they might have done a crossword or a puzzle together, as that's what Miss Mariam loves doing. I don't have the same opinion, therefore I never do them with her and would result in her needing to find someone to do the activates with. 

        The two of them are over at the table, giggling in a small circle like they just heard the world's funniest joke. I know that they say me make an appearance here, but they're acting like such a thing never took place. The laughing continues to go on with no indication of stopping anytime soon, which doesn't seem very fun for me. I don't like being ignored in social event and missing out on things, especially when it's between someone I like and my best friend.  

        After a few minutes of being left out, I try to get their attention. They both turn to look at me in response, but can only hold the stare for a few lame moments before going back to their laughter. I honestly have no idea what they're laughing about, considering I know exactly what I look like to them and I'm looking really hot today. I haven't done anything humiliating in the past few days, so I can't be that either. Maybe they just want to torture me, driving me slowly insane until I snap like a rubber band all over the yard. 

        I finally can't take it anymore and ask them straight up about what they think is so funny. "Okay, what the heck are y'all laughing about? I'm really and extremely curious about why y'all can't act like normal people for more than two seconds before acting like complete lunatics.  Go on, tell me the truth about the situation." 

        They must see how fed up with them I'm being, as their laughter comes to a halt and Indie looks at me seriously. "We weren't laughing about you or anything like that, Nellie. It's just that Miss Mariam here has told me a few childhood stories about you and I must say, you were quite the child. Apparently kidnapping a dog wasn't the only bad thing you ever did. You're basically Miss Daredevil, along with being Miss Hilarious."