Part 26 || Back home

Jed's POV

I walked into the hospital room to see Jade in bed, her eyes closed and her arms by her side.

Loads of wires were coming from machines and into her skin.

She had a heart monitor and beats were coming regularly, thank god.

I sat in the seat next to her bed and looked at her face which was looking pale and weak.

I took her hand in mine and felt tears rise to my eyes.

"I'm sorry Jade.. I really am. If I had just stayed away from Sam and handled it in a different way you wouldn't be here right now. You wouldn't be here in a hospital bed in a coma" I began, tears falling down my cheeks. "I just wanted to protect you and I done the opposite. I love you, Jade. I want to be with you. I want to have a family with you. I want to wake up to your face every single morning. I want to call you my wife one day... Jade please, wake up... I need you" I finished, tears everywhere by this point.

Jades POV

A few days later...

I woke up to the sound of beeping. My eyes opened to see the walls of what looked to belong to a hospital room.

"Jade?" I heard someone say quietly from beside me.

I turned my head to reveal my mum.

"Mam!" I said weakly, expecting it to be a shout but I was too weak.

She smiled and leaned over to hug me gently.

"I thought you were gone" she spoke as we broke the hug.

She had tears in her eyes and her hand was in mine.

"Yeah well, I'm a trooper" I joked, laughing slightly.

My smile faded as I felt a sharp pain in my chest as I laughed. I winched and placed my hand on where the pain was coming from.

Then I remembered what happened.

"How long have I been here for?" I asked.

"You've been here for a few days, the nurses said you've been really lucky. Which you have" She told me.

I nodded before looking over to the door which was opening.

I saw my brother and Jed enter the room. They were chatting about got knows what.

Jed laughed at something that Karl must've said before they entered the room. He turned his face to me and saw I was awake.

I smiled slightly as I saw his face light up like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

"You're awake!" He smiled as he placed the water down and rushed to my side.

"Yes I am" I smiled at him.

"We'll give you both a minute" my mum winked as she walked out with my brother.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you're actually alive. You're so lucky" he said in disbelief was he took my hand in his.

"So I've been told" I laughed slightly, not hard enough to hurt my chest.

"I honestly thought you were gone... you were really bad" Jed said looking at me, sadness in his face.

"Hey hey" I said placing my hand on his cheek. "I'm here now aren't I?" I smiled weakly.

He nodded.