I

It was a pain, a deep, searing pain in M/n's forehead. He sat up was enough rigour to send the vulptex that had been sleeping on his chest onto his legs. He let out a soft groan, touching his temple with his index finger and opening his eyes. 

"My apologies, Angius, bad dream," M/n softly whispered, tentatively brushing a hand against the coarse crystal fur. It didn't cut him as it used to, the skin on his hands now thick because of how much he adored the animals.

Angius let out a soft coo, standing up and trotting out of the room. This left M/n to his own thoughts. Who had the man in his dream be? Why was he a traitor? Something told M/n it wouldn't be wise to continue the subject of thought. He sent a pulse of whatever this magic stuff was into his mind, easing the pain in his skull. 

M/n stared up at the grey stone walls of this cave, small bits red salt crystal poking out. The reflection of glowing eyes caught his attention as he turned to see Angius, once more, standing near the entrance. He let out a soft bark, earning a yip from the creature. This was a game they would play, where M/n would communicate the way that Angius did, and Angius would respond.

Well, it was more so communication, but M/n thought it sounded better as a game. He left his small dwelling, grabbing a thick fur coat off the wall as he went. He was instantaneously met with harsh wind and whirling snow. Angius chirped from beside him, leading him down the mountain. 

"It's been so long, so long since they left, yeah? I mean, they come back very rarely, but it's been so long," M/n whispered, following his companion to a small sheltered area of the cliff side. When he looked outward to begin his usual routine, he paused. There were people, lots of them. Angius nervously hummed, his crystal covered ears pinning back.

Many, many people. They came with vehicles of all kinds, people in white suits of armour. M/n reconsigned them, the Empire, was it?He had no clue anymore. They seemed to be setting up camp in the valley. Did they not see the large cavern opening?

"Come Angius, we must help them," M/n gestured for his pet to follow him as he slid down the mountainside, releasing pulses of invisible touch to slow his decent by making the snow slide slow. 

When he touched ground though, that was when they noticed. The barrels of guns were aimed at his head as he got closer. Truly, M/n had forgotten how animalistic he looked. M/n adorned a cape of unknown animal fur, which had begun to tear up near the bottom. He had a long scar that went from behind his right ear to his collarbone. The wild look in his eyes was also threatening. M/n was a man of height and wasn't exactly a person of average, anything.

"Hello," M/n's voice was gruff and hoarse, from not speaking that much of the late. He spoke to his companion occasionally, but usually, the conversations consisted of barking and other inhuman sounds. "Who are you?"

A man in a black cloak pushed through the people in the white armour. He had ginger hair, alongside accusing green eyes. The man was tall, at least 6'1", and had an air of arrogance. He stared back at M/n ferociously, who in turn returned the stare.

"General Hux of the First Order. There were a group of rebels stationed here two weeks ago," Hux eyed him up and down. "Do you know anything about them?"

M/n was shocked, he had thought he had been alone for much longer than that. "N'uh, General. I live up in 'em mountains." Hux's nose scrunched up in disgust, the man before him spoke in such broken English it was almost revolting. "I know they left 'hile back though."

"Off with you then," The General grunted, gesturing him away as the armoured people created a barrier between the two. M/n sighed but followed through no less. 

"Come on Angius, let's head on home. I'm thinkin' 'bout fixing myself a drink," M/n hummed, chuckling the last bit to himself. Angius' fur glowed softly as the vulptex scampered ahead. 

A man cloaked in black emerged from one of the larger crafts after the strangers were gone, a silver-black mask covering his face.

"Is something wrong, Kylo Ren?" General Hux questioned, a clipboard in hand. They were going to be here overnight, now that the storm was beginning to kick up again. The masked man twitched, clenching his fists.

"No."