V

M/n frowned at Kylo, who sat up from his eagle spread position on the ground. His friends were certainly going to get worried soon, right? Kylo didn't say anything as he stood up, brushing himself off.

"You don't seem to be in a rush to get anywhere," M/n commented, crossing his arms once he stood up as well. Kylo turned to face him.

"Should I be? You are coming with me," Kylo stated, his voice scratchy and distant. M/n snorted. It wasn't exactly every day M/n met someone so full of themselves.

"You gotta earn that, laser boy," Kylo grunted at the crudely given nickname. M/n smiled, gesturing for the grumpy man to follow him back down the mountain. "You best be going back to your friends too."

"For the last time, they are not my-"

"Hush up, or you're going to fall again. This time I'll let you fall," M/n interrupted, continuing on as he left the other fuming.

The sun was now high in the sky, a bright yellow colour alongside the various shades of vibrant blue in the sky. The snow would shift every so often, blowing gently in the wind and creating whispy shapes in the air. It was calming up here, no clamour, no noise. Just peace. The valley below was the exact opposite. Noise, things moving, yelling, screaming, it was all present down there. Men and women with their ships, always moving, never silent, never still.

M/n couldn't help but feel pity. If that was where this stranger was from, it was a wonder if he wasn't screeching with insanity. Frankly, M/n was glad the other group had left. With them, they had taken the obscurity and noise. This was his freedom, and maybe he could convince Ren to stay. Regardless if he was a stranger, to his own belief, no human deserved to be raised with such destruction.

Kylo stared at the man before him, watching each step and stride with curiosity. This stranger, a man he met on a whim, held such unknown prowess and power. Yet this stranger, a man who he didn't know the name of, entrapped his attention with each movement and sound. Every word held a song, every footstep held a meaning. Everything was just so familiar like Kylo had heard and witnessed it all before.

M/n paused, turning back around to check on Kylo, who had stopped walking. "Are you coming? I'd trust that you can make it down on your own, but you checked yourself out on the cliff."

"Yes, I'm coming," Kylo huffed, now more uncomfortable than before. To him, it felt like M/n's e/c eyes were watching his every movement, and a single misstep could doom him. There was no real reason to care, only the fact that Kylo could sense a sliver of his own belonging to the foreign man.

M/n waited until Kylo was beside him once more before continuing down the path, getting nearer and nearer to the camp below. It was just like what M/n had anticipated when they got close enough to the camp for him to hear; they were worried and angry.

"It would be best if you went down alone. I do not think they would enjoy knowing you had run off with me," M/n muttered as he gently pushed Ren forward with his walking staff, watching the black-clad man pause.

"I'll be back tonight," Kylo whispered, pressing his fingers to the side of his mask to turn off the voice diffuser. He could hear M/n softly laugh from behind.

"I know, I'm counting on it. You sound better without the mask," M/n commented, staring at Kylo's back as he turned the diffuser back on and began his way down.

All the way down, Kylo insisted to himself that the uncanny feeling in his chest had nothing to do with the strange man or the odd sense he got when he was around him. But his heart was persistent, this man meant something to him, however, the grey blotches in his mind told him that this stranger was insignificant, unimportant to his mission.