VII

M/n stared at the sight before him, a soft smile on his face. Ren obviously didn't expect M/n to take him to a hole, much less a ravine.  He turned to face the masked man, moving so he stood in front of him.

"Are you scared to jump?" M/n whispered, gently reaching forward and tracing the lines on Ren's mask. Ren didn't respond, only flinched when M/n touched him. It was understandable though, having a stranger touch your face was not exactly ideal. M/n brought his hand back to his side, raising them as if he was on a cross.

"Don't tell me you are going to jump?" Ren growled, crossing his arms. A look flashed in M/n's eyes; a challenge. The nameless man smirked at him, adjusting the stick that was strapped to his back.

"Are you too scared to jump?" M/n repeated, arm darting forward and snatching the lightsabre from Ren's belt. Before Ren could retrieve it though, M/n let himself fall backwards and disappeared into the dark. Kylo snarled, watching M/n turn the sabre on as he fell.

That was not a toy! It was a weapon of war, his weapon of war! Ren let out a scream of frustration, kicking the snow around him in anger. Who did this stranger think he was, taking him all the way out here to steal his things and jump down a hole?!

"Goddammit! I swear to gods I will kill you!" Ren screeched, pulling at his clothes. It was then he realised; he never heard M/n land. Ren paused when he felt something nudge his side, almost setting him off again. He blindly swung, turning to look at the same time.

He managed to stop himself though, once he realised it was the vulptex M/n had been travelling with. The creature looked at him with tired eyes, stepping forward and nudging his hand. "What was your name again? Angus? Angry? Angsty?"

Of course, the vulptex didn't respond, only stared. Ren locked eyes with the creature, instantly regretting it. The pools of amber showed him things, some odd, some good. It was like Ren could feel himself being sucked into those eyes, nearly screaming when his whole perspective changed, the night becoming day.

The view Ren could see was constantly bouncing, moving. He almost threw up into his mouth just watching what he could see. Everything stopped though when he heard a voice, something so familiar.

"Angius? There you are bud, I was looking for you!"  They exclaimed, a hand coming into sight as it booped his nose. Was 'Angius' the name of this vulptex? Everything was moving so fast.

"M/n, Rey wants to talk to you near the sleeping chambers," The scene changed again, he was now walking beside a younger looking version of the stranger Ren had meet days ago. M/n was his name then, bright-eyed and smiley. This M/n wore a white striped orange jacket, the rebellion insignia over his heart. Ren recoiled, the man he was following was a rebel.

But the view didn't care, Ren could see the small blue/white paws come in and out of view as the vulptex scampered on.

"M/n, hey," Ren snapped out of his angry daze and focused, sucking in a breath when he saw her. Rey, the girl who had so somewhat effortlessly beat him weeks ago.

"Hey, Rey-heh that rhymes," M/n chuckled, stopping and standing in front of her with a smile. "What'd you need me for? Did your craft bust an engine last minute?"

Rey's smile faltered, yet only for seconds considering M/n didn't notice. "Oh, yeah! About that-," Rey gestured for M/n to follow her into the room they were next to. M/n shot Angius a questioning look before following. Ren growled, this didn't feel right.

"Woah! What's up with them?" M/n exclaimed, slowly coming into view. Angius scampered inside, just barely making it as they shut the door. "Hands! Watch the hands!"