f r e e d o m

her eyes darted over the scene in front of her, breathing erratic and hands shaking. she had never liked it when jungkook hurt people, so seeing this terrified her. he had shot so many so easily, and she had to close her eyes to block out the image before her.

"you ok?"

jungkook turned to her, the stream of guards now gone as they made their way to grab a keycard and dash.

"i'm fine, just... shooketh."

with no other words coming to mind she used the same word that she'd seen in a vine compilation, the sometimes meaningless videos being her only source of entertainment when she wasn't with jungkook - if you could call six second videos of people making a fool of themselves entertainment.

"shooketh?" he chuckled, taking her hand and diverting her eyes from the wall to his face, "me too. i'm shooketh."

the man that had helped scoffed, looking back at the two in disappointment.

"come on you fucktards, we need to get going before the cops make us 'shooketh'" he said. as he spoke he put his fingers up in quotation marks, rolling his eyes and leaving the room.

---

having found a keycard, they made their way to a back exit - only to find no guards blocking their way.

"alright, let's g-"

his words were cut off as someone grabbed him and pulled him backwards, sending his gun skidding to the floor. jungkook, seeing this, pushed her forward before they grabbed him as well, dearming him in the process.

"don't fucking touch me."

she could hear mumbles, but was too preoccupied by the hands quite visibly comimg toward her. yes, she was worried about jungkook, but she knew she could help him, because lying just a small distance from her, was the gun their 'friend' had dropped.

in one movement, she picked it up, stepping into the light and away from the shadowy corner jungkook's captor had come from. she could now see their captors as two guards, who had probably been at the door.

breathing seemed to become harder the higher she brought the gun, but she knew what she had to do. the people that had jungkook and their 'friend' were still there, one struggling to escape and the other watching her intently.

"come on y/n... you can do it."

she glanced at them, slowly bringing the gun into view and pointing it at them. they froze, eyes wide.

"don't touch them."

she tried to be tough, putting on a fake persona as she gestured with the gun to the floor. they stayed still.

so she took it to the next level.

"let go of them!" she shouted as she walked forward, aiming the gun and shooting one of the guards' feet. he screamed, clearly not expecting her to have been able to shoot.

of course, they hadn't reckoned on jungkook teaching her how to aim one night, so long ago. she may not have wanted to kill someone, but both knew that if they were separated she would have to prorect herself somehow.

and it was finally worth it.

the one she'd shot in the foot let go of jungkook and he moved fast, elbowing the other guard in the ribs, causing a loud crack to resonate around the room as he let go of their friend.

taking the gun from her, jungkook aimed it at the two.

"don't fucking move."

neither had a gun of their own, so froze as the trio used the keycard and left the building, easily jumping the fence and making it to the woods nearby.

and, finally, jungkook breathed the fresh air, tasted the freedom.

he loved it.