4: Explosions

I crept down the steps and out the door of my house. It's amazing how heavy of a sleeper Sara is sometimes. Seriously, she could probably sleep through an explosion. 

I know exactly where Charles was talking about when he was talking to Alice. There is this small building next to the train tracks. They must be filming there. 

Suddenly, I heard voices. I ducked down behind a bush and listened. I stopped breathing just to hear what they were saying.

"Oh my little pretty one, pretty one. When you gonna give me some time, Sharona? Oh you make my motor run, my motor run. Gun it comin' off the line, Sharona!" I peered over the bush and saw the five boys sitting on the curb singing My Sharona. 

Ugh, I feel like a stalker. I slowly and quietly got up and walked back the way I came. I guess I have to go the long way.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I finally got to the top of the hill. At the bottom was a car, the train tracks, and the shack. They were already here, everyone moving around and Charles yelling at them. Cary suddenly lit something on fire and Charles began to yell at him again. 

I sighed and sat down in the grass. I bet that if I went down there, Charles would yell at me like that. They would probably call me Queer Crow and laugh at me, telling me to go away. I'd probably get yelled at for listening to Charles's conversation. 

This whole thing was a horrible plan. I looked down at the camera around my neck and snapped a picture of a train in the distance. As if he read my mind, I heard Charles yell something about production value and trains. Everyone started running around again and I watched as they started to film as the train went past. I looked to my left and saw something weird. There was a white pick-up truck that was barreling right toward the train.....

Oh my God it's going to run into the train! On impulse, I took a picture. Why? I don't know.

Anyway, I need to warn the others somehow. But, I don't want them to know I am here. Maybe I should just leave and save myself....

No! I can't turn away like I turned away from Joe and how I turned away from Cary. Lives are at stake here. 

I looked around and the first thing I found was a rock. I snatched it up and ran halfway down the hill. I threw it as hard as I could and somehow managed to hit Cary in the head. He and Joe both turned around.

Cary looked up, rubbing the back of his head, and saw me. He obviously couldn't make out who I was from here, but he definitely sees me.

Joe, on the other hand, look to the left and saw the truck.

"The train!" he yelled and pointed. Everyone looked and finally saw the truck. Except for Cary. He was still staring right at me.

"RUN!" Charles yelled. Preston grabbed Cary's arm, pulling him out of his trance and off the porch as the train and truck collided. 

Once again, I took a picture for some reason. Stupid fingers I need to go! I watched wide eyed as fire and metal flew into the air. The heat blasted into my face and the force of the explosion knocked me over. I scrambled to my feet and tried to run up the hill. Something pricked my leg, but I kept on running. Once I got to the top of the hill, I tripped over a rock and fell into the grass. I laid there for a moment, debating whether or not if I should get up.

After a few moments, I raised my head and struggled my way to my knees. 

Everything was on fire. Metal was twisted in heaps and smoking. My ears are ringing and my eyes sting from smoke. 

Are the others okay?

I scanned the area until I saw them. All six. Alive and moving. Did I.......

Did I just save their lives?

In the distance, I see a bunch of government looking cars driving toward the train. I panic and stand up. I should warn the others, but.....

No wait, they see the cars to. They are running to their car. 

Without any regret, I turn and run all the way home until I collapse in my bed and immediately fall asleep.