6. Welcome To The Group

6: Welcome To The Group

Donny let me get off my shift early since I claimed to have a massive headache. Of course, that is a lie. My headache went away an hour ago.

I need to find the others.

So, if I were 6 kids who just experienced one of the most horrifying things ever in front of their eyes while making a zombie move, where would I be?

Diner maybe? I've seen them there before. So, I guess that settles it.

To the diner I go.

**Cary's POV: **

I still can't really believe that what happened......happened. I mean, the explosions were AWESOME, but I'm still freaked out about it. Martin has puked at least five times and Preston can't stop shaking. Charles is still obsessing about his movie, Alice is barely even with us, and Joe can't stop talking about it. And me? Well let's just say the explosion has given me some inspiration for some new products....

"I make models. Like plastic ones and I paint them-" Joe starts to tell Alice.

"And he's not embarrassed by that," Preston says cutting him off.

"Look whose talking, math camp," I say back while rolling my eyes. A waitress walks over and hands Charles a plate of fries.

"Thanks, can I have a coffee on the side?"

"He's so sophisticated," I tell Alice, making her smile.

"Shut up! I like coffee!"

"No one likes coffee!"

I lean back in the booth and as Joe begins to talk about his trains again. The one thing that stood out to me the most (besides the freaking train exploding) was that person who was on the hill. I know that whoever they are, they threw something at me to get my attention. And even though I still have a sore bump on my head from it, that person saved all six of our lives. In the panic of escaping, I never got to see if the person had gotten hurt or if they made it out. Guilt and regret wash over me. I quickly try to push it out of my mind and focus back on the conversation.

"Am I the only one who doesn't understand what any of this means?" Martin says.

"Probably Smartin," I retort as I lean across the table.

"Cary, shut up."

"You shut up!" Yes, I know. Real mature, Cary. Real mature. It's my immediate comeback, okay?

"I don't like it when you call me that."

"I'm sorry Smartin, why don't you go cry about it?"

"No I don't want to...." I smirk and take one of the fries. I look out the window and watch people walk by. I can't help but to wonder if one of those people saved our lives....

"What if he wanted to destroy something?" Joe asks, and everyone nods and agrees.

"Can you guys just shut up? Maybe he was an old man who wanted to kill himself!" I say. Immediately, everyone protests and Preston starts to list off easier ways to commit suicide. I sigh and grab another fry. Charles pulls the plate away and I glare at him.

"Hey! Pussy, stop taking all the fries away!" I yell at him.

"I ordered them for a reason!" I roll my eyes for the billionth time.

"Excuse me, can we get another orders of fries because my friend here is fat," I say to an imaginary waitress.

"Funny, chompers. At least I don't have to use a booster seat." I smirk and steal another fry. He shoves about five in his mouth, so I throw mine at him.