9: What Is Going On?

"Chloe, wake up," a voice whispers, waking me up from blissful sleep. I opened my eyes a bit and temporarily forgot where I was. Immeditely, my eyes fall on Cary, who leaning over me, and I remember everything. Cary carrying me here. (OMG Cary CARrYing.....okay bad joke. Just keep reading) Cary trying to convince me to let him help me. Talking about my parents. Falling asleep with Cary. Cary. "Good morning, sleepy head," he says and smiles. "I figured that I would wake you up since we have those new scenes at noon." I nod and sit up. My neck is a bit sore, since I slept up against a wall. With Cary. Did that really happen? I stand up and put all the pressure on my left foot. Cary frowns down at my foot, but I ignore it. "Can I go home first?" I ask. "Of course." He turns around I roll my eyes. "Your chariot awaits, madam," he says in a snobby accent. I smile and climb on his back and grab my back. He tries to get out of the house as silently as possible, but when he turns the knob on the front door it squeaks and we immediately hear-"CARY! Where are you going?" Cary sighs and walks into the kitchen where his Mom and Dad are sitting. His father looks at me like a spider he just found in his food. "We're going to go hang with the guys," Cary explains. "When did she get here?" his Dad asks, his voice deep and kind of scary. "Last night," his Mom answers. "They were in there all night with the door locked." I blush and lower my head. I know that Cary is probably blushing too. "Mom..." Cary groans. "Cary," his Dad booms. "I don't even know this girl and you two are-" "BYE DAD!" Cary whirls around and walks out the door. "Sorry about them," Cary mumbles. "Your family seems....nice." I wonder what my relationship with my parents would be if they were still around.........

When Cary opens the front door, I am surprised that BlackJack isn't there. I wonder where she is..... I hop off his back and leave him in my living room as I head into my room to quickly change. Hopefully Sara isn't home. I open up my door and see Sara standing there, grinning. "Who is the boy in our house?" she asks. "That's my friend Cary. He's the one I was with yesterday," I explain and struggle to walk normally around her. "You were with a boy?!" "Yeah, it's not a big deal." "Not a big deal? You wouldn't talk to people two days ago!" We walk around the corner and see Cary next to our stove. He glances up and smirks. "I could totally blow this up," he says. I grab his arm and pull him toward the door. "Yes, I bet you could. Be back later!" "Wait!" I turn around and see Sara ringing her hands nervously. "BlackJack ran away." I stare at her in shock. My girl.......ran away? I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes, so I nodded and shut the door quickly. "Hey Chloe..." Cary begins to say, but I wave him off. "Let's just go." I jump on his back and assumes he knows where he's going. I'm becoming quite comfortable up here....

Cary and I finally get to the place we're filming. It's crawling with air force officials and government agents. I bury my head against Cary's hair to hide. "About time you two got here!" Charles says. I peer up from Cary's head to look at him. "What's your issue?" he asks. "I'm scared of the police and the guards," I mumble. "Look, I'm not going to wait around for you to stop being a cry baby and film. You're either doing it or not." I get off of Cary and steady myself. "Hey, lay off!" Cary says. "I'll do the filming, it's not big deal." Charles nods and drags Cary off to do something with the sound equipment. Alice walks over, smiling and grinning. "What?" I ask. "You two are cute together." I blush and shake my head quickly. "We're not-I mean-we just-and I-nevermind." Alice smiles and laughs. We both walk over to the camera that's already set up and I take my position. "And...ACTION!" Charles says. As Joe begins to say his lines, I nervously look up at the guards. "Are we allowed to be here?" Cary asks Charles. "Shh....production value." "I don't care about production value! The air force is gonna kill us!" Charles puts his hand over his mouth and Cary starts to slap him. "Don't cover my mouth!" I laugh softly as they slap each other like two little girls. I look down the street and see a cop car coming our way. "Um Cary," I mumble. He doesn't notice, so I nudge him. "What?" I point at the car that is now pulling up. "Oh sh*t!" Mr. Lamb get's out of the car, takes the camera, and then tells Joe to get in his car. "Um Mr. Lamb that's your camera but technically that's my film." I back up and look at one of the windows of the house swarmed with guards. One man is staring back. I shriek and hide behind Cary. "Um, whatcha doing?" he asks. "That guy was staring at me." "Who?" "In the window!" "Chloe, there's no one there." I straighten up and look at the window again. He's gone. I breathe a breath of relief and look over at Joe's Dad. And there the guy is again, from the window. I hide again. "Well, I guess we might as well go. I hope we can get the camera back," Charles mutters and grabs his stuff. "Cary, what's going on around here?" I ask. He sighs and watches Joe's Dad drive off. "I don't know, Chloe. I've got no clue."