One.

Meet me on the battlefield. Even on the darkest night. I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage, and you will be mine.

Alia Waters' hair blew wildly in the wind as she leaned out of the carriage window to wave goodbye to her mother. Her two best friends, Malia and Aiden,sat opposite her. Aiden looked up at her, studying her features carefully. "After all these years, you still miss her every day," the brunette boy said softly. "I swear you're a mind reader Aiden!" Malia laughed out sarcastically. "No offence Alia, but it's pretty obvious." The dark haired girl finished. The trio's conversation changed from topic to topic as their time on the Hogwarts express went on. However, they steered clear of one topic- Alia's father's recent death.

On the other side of the train, a tall, dark haired boy sat in a rather crowded compartment. "Uh, Tom?" One boy, a blonde, spoke up. "What is it Abraxus?" Tom Riddle said slowly. "We were all wondering," he gestured to those around him, "if you are going to continue your search for your father's heritage this year." Abraxus finished. "Idiot!" Tom snarled. "You know I found that out this summer." "And what may I ask were the results Tom?" A blonde girl asked. "A good question Lillian," Tom praised her. "My sadly deceased father, was indeed a wizard." Tom lied easily through his teeth.

Tom Marvolo Riddle felt that it was appropriate to lie about his father being a wizard for many reasons. For one, he had always said that it was his father who had been a wizard; he did not like to be proved wrong. Also, he felt that he would be respected more if he said that his father had magical blood, not his mother. He played with the ring on his finger whilst the others in the compartment made idle chit chat. To him, the people around him were not friends, but followers. Lillian Nott was a follower. Her twin brother Cieran was a follower. Charles Lestrange was a follower. Abraxus Malfoy was a follower. Megan Black was a follower. They were all followers. Except Tom, he was their leader.

"Aiden, Aiden, Aiden Lovegood,AIDEN ALEXANDER LOVEGOOD!!" Malia cried out. Suddenly, the boy in question awoke from his doze with a start. "Merlin's beard," he got out. "No need to go full name mode on me, Malia Rose Herring." Alia laughed as the pair bickered. "Don't laugh Alia Grace Waters!" Malia scolded her gently, her soft London accent coming through. Of course, this only made Alia laugh harder. Soon, the whole trio was in fits of laughter.

When the two groups got off of the train, the station was packed with students. Alia watched as the first years made their way over to the gamekeeper nervously. Suddenly, her brown eyes locked with a pair of green eyes. Tom Riddle. Alia shivered. Tom was known all over the school for being dangerous, and threatening anyone who got in his way. She dropped his gaze and continued walking, his band of followers not far behind Alia and her friends.

The great hall's enchanted ceiling was currently dotted with stars. Throughout the sorting ceremony Alia had been counting how many constellations she could name. For her, this was a fun pastime. Maybe not for anyone else. Professor Dippet's voice broke her out of her daze. "And now for the head girl and boy. As you know, we choose these two lucky students from the seventh years. Students, hold your breath." He finished with a joke on the end. All around the hall, students laughed. "And the head boy is... Tom Riddle!" The old headmaster bellowed out. Slowly, the dark haired young man stood up, a small smirk plastered on his face. The first and second years looked up at him in awe, whilst most of the girls in the room whispered to each other. Alia rolled her eyes. "And the head girl is... Alia Waters!" Professor Dippet cried. "Yes Alia, you go girl!" Malia and Aiden laughed out. Alia stood up just as Tom had, and immediately locked eyes with him. He gave her a soft smile which quickly turned back into a smirk as they both sat down. Alia was shocked as her friends babbled to her throughout the rest of the feast, and all the way up to the dormitories. Slowly, the girls bid Aiden goodnight.

Alia fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow, knowing that this was going to be an interesting year.

Word Count: 763.
A/N: Wow I'm sorry for how bad this is, I'm so sorry. Well, have a good day whoever is reading this xx