Seven.

I can't help but love you, even though I try not to.

Tom Riddle was, in short, extremely mad. Mad at himself mostly. But also mad at Alia Waters. He was mad at himself for kissing her. And mad at her for kissing him back.

Currently, he was strolling through Hogwarts. In just a few minutes he was set to meet Mars and Nott, two of his most trusted followers. He rounded the last corner, and there they were. Avery Mars and Charles Lestrange.

As Tom walked over to them, they finished up their conversation and gave him a curt nod. "Tom," they said in sync. Tom gave a slight smirk, and nodded back. "So, how's everything going with the Waters girl?" Avery had the guts to ask. "Well, she is smart and very easy to manipulate." "And what are your preferred methods?" It was Charles who spoke this time.

"Well, I kissed her."

"Really! And she fell for it!?" Charles could not contain himself. "They always do." Tom smirked as Avery laughed.

Soon, the trio walked back to their common room. They had nothing serious to talk about, so idle chit chat was needed. "Apparently Megan is going to ask Nott out," Avery mentioned. "Really, I thought she had a thing for that Gryffindor kid!" "That's What I said." "You've got to be kidding me!"

"Silence! Both of you." It was Tom who put an end to the two boys gossiping. They both apologised, and stayed quiet. Later, they all sat in the common room with the rest of Tom's followers (minus Avery and Lillian for they were off snogging in some closet). The hour may have been late but they all stayed until Tom dismissed them. Then, they all bowed their heads and left the dimly lit common room to go up to their dorm.

In the highest part of the castle, Alia was still awake. She was in her dorm room, but she couldn't sleep. A million memories flashed through her mind. Of her father, mother and Tom. It was Tom who invaded her mind so frequently. And it was stupid. He probably didn't like her, even though he kissed her. She had seen him do this to other girls before, why would she be any different? But, maybe he had changed. No! He had not! An internal war raged inside her mind.

She sat up, frustrated. He had done this to girls before, she had seen it. Seen their broken hearts as they cried for a young man who felt nothing for them. A young man who could not love.

Slowly, Alia sank back down into her bed covers. Mentally, she cursed Tom Riddle. Cursed him for getting inside of her mind. She wished she had never met him. Oh how she wished. But indeed, her wishes were in vain. For Tom Marvolo Riddle had big plans for this year. Plans that Alia would never dream of.

And so, she stared at the room around her. She usually relished in the deep blue colours of her dorm room. But now she felt uncomfortable. Although, she still loved the colour blue (and there was a lot of blue in her dorm room). Ravenclaw house had always been one of peace, there was never violence. The students in Ravenclaw house believed that violence was never the answer, especially not to petty disagreements. They had a more different way of dealing with that. They called it 'The Death Row'.

'The Death Row' wasn't really as scary as it sounded. In fact, it was just a time of the week (every Tuesday to be precise) when students who had disagreed could come and talk their problems out. But of course, they didn't really talk their problems out. Usually it ended in stupid, but extremely smart, insults. Sometimes Malia would take Alia down to watch.

And with those thoughts in mind, Alia fell into a dreamless sleep.

But Tom did not.

Word Count: 660.
A/N: Well would you look at that, I finally updated! Hope you all aren't too mad at me. Also, I reached 126 reads (I know it's not that many but it's like a milestone for me)! Hope you're having a pleasant life! Also, the header picture is Alexander Ludwig as Abraxus Malfoy. Love you guys!
-Indie xo