Seventeen.

Everybody wants to rule the world.

Winter at Hogwarts passed like a good song on the radio, fast. Spring had officially hit Scotland, meaning there were less and less days until Alia and Tom took their exams.

After finishing her Herbology homework, Alia walked out of the library only to find Aiden sobbing. His back was hunched against the wall, and his eye had an almighty bruise around it. Alia immediately ran to him, wanting to know what had happened.

"Oh Merlin, Aiden! What happened?" The worry was clear in her voice. The boy at her feet sniffed and trembled. "It was Anthony and John," he trembled again. Alia swore. "Slytherins! I could have guessed! But why?"
"I don't know. They said it was because I was a gay imbecile who deserved to rot in hell." He sobbed again.

Alia's blood boiled. She didn't think she had ever been this angry before. She stood up, making Aiden look up. "Where are you going?"
"To show them a piece of my mind!" She stormed off. Aiden ran after her, scared of what she might do.

Minutes later, Alia found both Anthony and John. They were sat under a tree, laughing. Once they saw Alia, they stopped laughing, and locked eyes with her. "Ah, the little Madame herself has come to see us. Now, what can we do for you?" Anthony spoke up, a flirtatious and cocky tone in his voice. "Wait a minute, you're Tom's girl, we'd have to get permission before we helped you." John reminded his friend.

"He does not own me." Alia's voice was clear. "Brilliant," Anthony purred. Suddenly, she was backed up against the tree they had been against. She could feel Anthony close to her, making her squirm. He put a hand on her waist, and then fell back in pain.

"Don't you ever think about touching her!" It was Tom. Alia breathed a sigh of relief. Both Alia and Aiden watched as Tom practically beat the life out of Anthony and John, all the while shouting obscenities at them. By the end of their beating, both boys had blood all over their faces.

They both stood up, but Alia was not done with them. She walked over to them, and landed a square punch on both of their faces. Two cracks resonated through the grounds, she had broken their noses. They both fell to the floor. "That was for almost assaulting me!" She kicked them both in the ribs. "And that was for being absolute idiots to my friend! Yeah, he's different. But that is nothing to be ashamed of!" Her screams were louder now, and angry tears rolled down her face.

Alia was in pain, that was obvious. The anger tore through me like a flame. If I could of, I would have killed them. I'm not stupid, I know what they would have done to her! If they had succeeded in their task, I would have broken every bone in their weak bodies. I would have crushed them; shown them real pain.

"Go," I spoke to her friend, Aiden I think his name was. He nodded to me before running off. I gathered up Alia in my arms, and silently moved her away from the scene. I could feel her tears drop onto my hands as she sobbed. She was shocked, she was scared; she was angry.

Eventually, we made it to the Room Of Requirement unnoticed. I watched as she slumped against the sofa, tears rolling down her cheeks. I watched her for a while, then went over to her. My hand touched hers.

"It was obvious what he was going to do to me if you hadn't have stopped him. His hands were on me. It made me cringe. And all the other one did was laugh." Her voice was barely a whisper. I sighed. "I promise, my darling, if anyone ever hurts you again I will break every bone in their body." I was meant to be reassuring, but my words came out more like threats. "Anyway what were you doing there?" I couldn't help but ask.

"They called Aiden a bunch of homophobic things. I couldn't just stand by and watch." I smiled at her. She was so wonderful, so protective, so loving, so caring.
T.M.R

Alia buried her head in Tom's chest. She wished she could disappear. Her tears had stopped, but her heart ached. She felt awful for Aiden, and disgusted with the snakes she had just dealt with. Thank God for Tom.

Alia fell asleep on Tom's chest, her mind repeating the same words over and over again.

'Thank God for Tom Marvolo Riddle.'

Word Count: 778.
A/N: Wow a dramatic chapter. But seriously though, thank God for Tom! I feel so sorry for Alia and Aiden. This chapter was heartbreaking to write. Having dealt with homophobia and homophobic comments, I know exactly how he feels. I was very torn between using some slurs for what they had said, but decided against it. On the bright side, THANKS FOR 1K READS!!!! I love you guys!
-Indie xo