Twenty One.

Every minute and every hour, I miss you, I miss you, I miss you more.

Tom drew his wand. The time had come. He would never admit it, but deep inside him there was a flicker of fear. Deep, deep inside him.

The poor little muggleborn stood before him, shaking in the cold of the forest. She could not have been more than sixteen. She whimpered as he walked to her. "Hush, pet. I won't hurt you." He stroked her cheek with his index finger. She whimpered again and he kissed her hand, making her eyes widen in shock. Soon he moved to her lips and he kissed them softly. She had no trouble kissing back, but seemed to be scared.

Tom still held his wand in his hand.

She didn't see it coming.

Her non existent scream pierced his ears.

He chuckled.

"And now for my part." He muttered. He knew that he could handle it, but he also knew that it would be extremely painful.

As soon as he spoke the spell, pain overcame him. In a second he was on the ground, barely breathing, screaming his lungs out. The pain was like fire, similar to the pain he felt when he fell in love with Alia. But this was a different kind of pain. That pain had been warm and comfortable. This pain was cold and dangerous, much like himself.

With all his might, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the diadem. The blue sapphire stone glinted at him. He had chosen it specifically for her. For Alia. He placed the diadem on his chest, and let the pain ripple through him.

Alia, meanwhile, was in the library. Her exams were starting next week, and she wasn't going to miss a chance to revise. The book in her hands was entitled 'Flesh-Eating Trees Of The World', and it was very interesting. Well, that's what Alia thought.

Originally Marie and Aiden had been in the library with her, but had given up half an hour ago. God knows where they were now.

Alia's quiet peace was interrupted when a small figure came running up to her, calling her name.

"Alia!" She turned around at the mention of her name. Her eyes met those of Megan Black. Instantly, her blood went cold. She was one of his group. "What is it, Black?"

"Pray don't be cold with me Alia. I don't feel that's how we should be. Of course, I don't really trust you either, but that's not why I'm here."
"Fine. Why are you here?"
"It's Tom."
"Why should I care for him?" Alia turned away from the girl and put down her book. "He's hurt, and asking for you."
"Why?"
"He won't say."
"Tell him I won't see him."
"Please, he won't see anyone else." Megan pleaded with Alia.

Alia turned again, and met Megan's worried eyes. "Fine."

In truth, Alia was reluctant to see Tom, but she couldn't say no to Megan. The girl in question was slightly shorter than Alia, with deep chocolate eyes and long black hair. "So, you're with Abraxus." Alia tried to make conversation. Megan's face lit up at the mention of her love, and her hand instinctively flew to her stomach. Alia noticed, but didn't question. "Yes, we're very happy together." Megan smiled. "I'm glad, I know you weren't happy when you were with Nott."

Suddenly, Megan stopped. Her left hand was on her stomach, her right placed on her head. Alia turned to her, confused. "Are you not well?" Her voice showed much concern. "I'll be fine, just give me a moment." Suddenly she ran off in the direction of the toilets.

Alia ran after her, and soon found her leaning over one of the toilets. It was easy to tell that she had been sick. "Hey, you okay?" Alia's soft voice echoed through the stall. Megan shook her head, tears threatening to fall from her pretty eyes. "Hey, hey, it's okay." Alia knelt down by Megan, stroking her hair. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm ppppregnant," Megan sobbed out.

Alia couldn't help the gasp that escaped her lips. "Oh Megan," she hugged the girl. "I promise, I'll help in anyway I can. And I won't tell anyone." Megan smiled at Alia, who smiled back.

"Come on, let's get you to Tom."

Word Count: 724.
A/N: Guess who's back, back again. I'm back, back again. Wow, I really need to think of some better openers. Okay I literally can only explain my absence by saying that I had no WiFi for like a week and a half and recently something happened and I literally have wanted to do nothing but cry. Wow great reasoning Indie. Love you guys!
-Indie xo