Six.

Some legends are told, some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.

The dust billowed up around Tom as he walked the halls. His mind was clouded; Alia's voice rang through his ears. 'Do not be disheartened' she had told him. Disheartened, that was a funny thing to say to the heir of Slytherin. But of course she did not know that. Or did she? She did look ill every time they spoke. Maybe she had figured it out and was scared of him. Or maybe she was just sick. Either way, Tom didn't really care. Alia Waters was just helping him. That's all.

His mind wizzed. He kept walking and walking and walking until suddenly he bumped into something solid. When he looked in front of him, he could not see anything. "Uh down here," the small voice cracked on the last word. Tom looked down. And there was Alia. "I'm really sorry Tom I, I, I didn't look where I was going. Alia stood up, and turned away from him. Tom looked at her face. She was pale. Well, paler than usual. "Alia, are you sick? Your skin is so much paler than usual, and you look so tired." Tom questioned. He had meant to say these words in his head, but somehow they had slipped out. Tom cursed himself inside his head. "I am well, thank you. I just haven't been sleeping well, that's all." Strangely, Tom felt some sort of emotion towards the girl standing in front of him. Was it sadness? Empathy? Worry? Tom didn't know. "And why is that?" His voice was barely a whisper. "I've been doing a lot more research on Salazar Slytherin and the Gaunt family. I didn't want to disappoint you." "Oh."

"Goodnight, Tom." Came the words that snapped Tom out of his internal war. Alia turned and stepped away, but was stopped by a hand on her waist. Tom turned her around and muttered," I'm not done with you yet."

Warm, soft lips pressed themselves against Alia's, making her jump. But Tom was persistent, kissing her still. After about a minute of looking like a deer in headlights, Alia's body gave in and she began to kiss Tom back. Tom's mind screamed at him not to do this, but his heart and body cried at him to keep going. His hands went to her waist as he smirked into their kiss. Alia gasped as he kept kissing her. She couldn't believe what was happening. She, Alia Waters, was practically making out with Tom Riddle! Tom Riddle! This guy had never even had a girlfriend, and he was kissing her like he'd kissed a thousand girls before. And where did the need to kiss her come from?

If you asked Tom, who was currently occupying himself with Alia's lips, where the need to kiss her came from, he would say hormones. That was another thing that he hated about himself. Hormones.

Slowly, Tom and Alia drew back, both out of breath. Alia's eyes were wide, and Tom looked taken aback. "Can I ask where that came from?" Alia raised an eyebrow. "I don't really know."

Then Tom snapped back into himself. "Well, goodnight Miss Waters, I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, he walked off to the Slytherin common room, leaving a very confused Alia Waters behind him. "What the actual heck just happened?" She asked herself. One second she had been returning from the library, then she had been knocked over by Tom. Then she had admitted that she had been researching more; then she had been kissing him. Kissing him! What was wrong with the world?! As far as Alia knew, Tom had never had a girlfriend, and had never kissed anyone. Mentally, scolding herself, Alia walked back to the Ravenclaw Tower.

She was confused, and angry. How can one person kiss you like that, and then just leave you again. It was almost as if it had never happened. "What an idiot." Alia muttered to herself as she fell into a dreamless and cold sleep.

Tom, too was confused. His mind and conscience were screaming at him, telling him that he had just made a very bad mistake. But his body and heart were telling him that it was a great decision. That it was good that he had just kissed the girl who was helping him. Tom was at a loss. On one hand, he agreed with his head- that it had been a stupid thing to do. On the other hand, it had been an extremely enjoyable kiss. Granted, it was not Tom's first, but it was the best. In that moment she had been so beautiful, trapped in his embrace. And with that final thought, Tom fell into a dreamlike sleep.

Word Count: 805.
A/N: Bahaha it finally happened. Sorry for how in love Tom obviously is, I couldn't help it. The above image is Isabelle Furhman as Megan Black (isn't she cute?)! Hope you have a great day wherever you are!!
- Indie xo