Ten.

She got horns like the devil, pointed at me and there's nowhere to run from the fire she breathes.

Alia POV:
I had slowly become more and more irritated with Tom Marvolo Riddle. I caught him looking at me in Potions yesterday. I told Malia and I thought she was going to kill him. Anyway, why is he looking at me? I mean, sure he's kissed me, but that doesn't mean anything's going on. And why would anything be going on? It's Tom Riddle for Merlin's sake! Why would I want anything to do with that pompous, smart, mean, extremely handsome young man? Wait what did I just say? Oh god I did.

Even though he's avoided me since he last kissed me, he's still staring at me at every chance he gets. It's becoming awkward because I don't know why. I heard that Abraxus and Megan are going out, but I don't know for sure. I'll ask Tom when he next wants to see me. When. That's a very important word.

It's so silly, but I kind of miss him. I don't know wether it's because he hasn't spoken to me in two weeks, or if it's because I'm slowly falling in love with him. Oh my god I did it again. Alia you need to stop. You are not falling in love with Tom Riddle! He's horrible!

Third Person POV:

Alia got up, and stretched her legs. She had been sat in the library for over an hour, just thinking. Numerous people had come and gone from the place, but she had stayed. She felt confused. Both she and Tom had been relieved of their duties for now, so she had no idea when she would see him. And he had not come to speak to her. In short, she felt very lonely. She had considered finding him and speaking to him, but had decided against it. She had still not told Malia or Aiden about the kisses she had shared with Tom; she did not know when she would tell them. Probably never. It would remain a secret.

On the other side of the school, Tom Riddle too was frustrated. He had too been contemplating finding Alia, but Abraxus had told him otherwise. It seemed to Abraxus that Tom only wanted to see Alia to manipulate her. But boy was he wrong. Over the past term, Tom had become fatally attached to Alia, and he didn't know why. He knew he couldn't love, but that wasn't what this was. So what was it? Tom stood up, for some reason his brain told him to go to the library. But he couldn't for the life of him figure out why.

In minutes, he was there, standing tall. He walked over to the entrance, and saw her. There was Alia, the girl he wanted to see. He wandered over to her table, and sat. She did not look up from her book. Tom slid his hand over to her, cupping her smaller hand in his. Then she looked up. Her eyes were big, shocked. Her brown orbs looked up at him. "Tom."

"Alia." His reply was her name. "Pray tell me why are you here?" "To see you."

"You're a liar Tom. I've seen you do this with other girls. You draw them in with that charming smile and your words. You kiss them until you get bored. Then you mess with their hearts when you leave them. And you're not going to do that to me. I refuse to let it happen."

Alia stood up and began to walk away, but Tom was quicker than her. He had her backed against the wall. "Please let me leave." She told him sternly. She had just let all of her thoughts out on him, she was not going to concede this easily. "I'm not bored with you. I just want to be with you. I just want to do this."

As he spoke the words, he pushed her backwards until her back hit the wall. She could feel the cold stone through her robes. Tom's hands slid down to either side of her waist. They stayed there. And once more, his lips moved against her lips in a passionate kiss.

Even though he had previously pushed her against the wall, Tom was now drawing Alia closer. He could tell that she was practically melting at his touch. One of his hands was now on her pale cheek, the other one running up and down her waist. Her hands had remained firmly planted on his shoulders. They both smiled into the kiss. Tom ended the kiss with a small chuckle. "What was that? Did Tom Riddle actually smile?" Alia joked. He shut her up with a kiss.

It is absurd how I feel about this girl. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I can't love. But I feel like I am. Maybe there's a way for me to love. A way for me to love her. The other day, I kissed her because I wanted to. Because I needed to. What's that about? My feelings are mixed. Some days I hate her. Some days I just want to be with her. It's complicated. And completely irrational. I'm starting to envy Abraxus and Megan. They can be together whenever they want, as long as I'm not around. And I'm sure their families accept it. After all they're both pure bloods. Oh the laws of attraction. What have they done to me? I've turned into some crazed young man. Maybe just maybe, I could put some of my other plans on hold for this girl. Maybe she's the one for me. Maybe she's going to be important to me. There's a lot of maybes in that statement.

Either way, I can't really love her. But I can think that I can. If I managed to, it would be scary. Impossible even. So she's my impossible girl. Alia Waters, my impossible girl.
-T.M.R

Word Count: 1002.

A/N: Okay so I've had the idea in my head for a while of her being his impossible girl. This came to me because he can't love, and she's changing that. This chapter is again dedicated to wonderlvstt because she helped me with it whilst at a sleepover. Also, my girlfriend eadiep got back from New York on Friday so the love in this chapter is dedicated to my love for her. Have a great day!
-Indie xo