letter three.

january 17, 2013

7:17 pm

dear ashton,

you weren't at school today.

you never miss school.

you used to miss school a lot. you told me you were in a bad place at that time and couldn't make it to school sometimes. you never told me why you could never make it to school those days, but i never asked.

so i was really worried when you weren't at school today. i really hope you're okay.

im supposed to go to the doctor tomorrow and im scared. this whole cancer thing hasn't really hit me yet. too me, im still a healthy seventeen year old girl. but i know im not.

i wish you could be there tomorrow. but i wouldn't want you to worry about me.

my mom isn't taking this too well. i can see why, im her last child, her baby, and now i have this deadly cancer inside of me. she's probably more worried than i am. and then i start to worry because i feel like she knows more than i do about this cancer thing.

i just don't want to die.

im sorry, my tears are getting on the paper. sorry.

gosh, ive been crying a lot lately. is this cancer crap supposed to give me extra hormones or something? because that's what it feels like.

i hope you're at the park tomorrow night, because i will really need someone to talk too after my doctors appointment.

and you're the only one that listens.

forever,

venus