letter six.

febuary 1, 2013

4:11 am

dear ashton,

i can't belive you just did that. 

you, my friend, are so completely unpredictable.

it was one in the morning, i was soundly asleep in my bed. until i started hearing the branches outside my window moving around. gosh, i was so scared. i literally thought someone was breaking into my house and about to rape me. and then my window starts to open. i can't even imagine what was going through your head when you saw me sitting cross-legged on my bed with my covers wrapped around me with this petrified look on my face.

excuse my french, but you little fucker.

our conversation went a little like this:

me: what the fuck!

you: hi.

me: ashton fletcher irwin, it is one in the morning and i have no pants on. what the fuck do you want?

you: i wanna do something.

me: do it yourself.

you: no.

me: well tell me this amazing thing you want to do at 1:13 in the morning.

you: you get to choose that.

me: what?

you: wHat is one thing you've always wanted to do, venus?

me: is this one of those cliche movie moments?

you: sorta, but go along with it.

me: um, okay. well, i've always wanted to walk around main street when it's really late. just walk around, look at things. you'd be all alone. kinda cool, i think.

you: really? you don't wanna, like, go swimming? or search an abandoned house?

me: sorry, you said i could pick.

you: okay then, early pondering around main street, it is.

so at two in the morning we walked around main street. you didn't give me any time to put on clothes, so i just wore my zebra pajama pants and unicorn slippers. you thought i looked ridiculous, but, hey, no one was out there to see.

main street is literally just a long street with stores on both sides. it's only souce of light was the street lamps, and sometimes the small lights that were left on inside the stores. we walked all of main street, up and down, for an hour. all we did was talk. you seemed so much more, i don't know, happy? like doing this was helping you cope with my cancer.

it was helping me too, actually.

 at the end of main street there are 'the steps'. it's a set of one hundred steps, and at the top there is this amazing fountain. when you and i were little we would race each other up and see who could get to the top first. it was usually you, though. don't even know why i tried.

so we raced each other.

you counted to three and we were off. i got the first 20 steps easily, but by the 25th step you were probably on the 35th. usually i could hit the first 40 without a problem, but when i got to about the 30th step i suddenly became really tired. my breathing was shorter and my legs hurt so bad. it was like the air was being sucked from my body, it was terrible. 

i had to lay down on the stpes before my legs just gave out. you were so ahead of me, i had to yell your name to get your attention which was hard because my breathing was so short. you saw me and in a second you were right beside me.

i was so tired, ashton. you had to pick me up and sit me on a bench. you were so worried, you even asked to call 911. 

i really wanted to cry because it was then that i realized i couldnt be the same ever again. i was sick, with bone cancr for christs sake. i should've known i wouldnt be able to run up the stairs. fuck, i won't be able to run at all in a few weeks. 

we walked home from that point and even though i insisted i was fine you still had your arm around me, proping me up. soon enough we were at my house and you were ready to leave.

"thank you, ashton. this was the best night of my life." i said.

"anything for you, venus." you replied.

then you kissed my cheek, again.

i stepped inside and closed the door behind me, and began to cry.

because it was on that walk home that i relized i love you.

forever,

venus

-

THIS WAS EXTREMEMLY CLICHE BUT I REALLY LIKED THIS CHAPTER AND I HOPE THAT YOU DID TOO