epilogue.

june 18, 2013.

seven days later.

[ashtons pov]

i sat inside my car, parked outside of the house i knew all too well. Imwanted so badly to go in, but i knew that if i saw one thing that reminded me of her, i would blow up.

but i didn't care, i just wanted to be with her, and since i can't do that, i might as well do the next best thing. so with that thought in mind, i stepped out of his car and knocked on the front door.

the door opened, revealing a distraught woman in her late fifties, dressed in a robe and slippers with her hair matted into a ponytail. she looked as if she hasn't slept in days, which she probably hasn't, and wrinkles were starting to appear on her face.

"hello ashton." she said, her voice sounding broken and tired. "i was wondering when you'd stop by."

i felt terrible, ever since the accident i haven't really talked to anyone. i've mostly been crying in my room, trying to just deal with the thought of her not being here anymore. it just hurts like fucking hell, missing her this much.

i could feel a new wave of tears behind my eyes but choked them back in order to talk without it being awkward. "yeah, i was just wondering if i could see venus' room? sorry if it's a bad time."

venus. i haven't said her name in so long. it felt foreign on my lips. god, i missed her.

the woman stepped aside and left into their house, which looked messier than before but that's understandable.

i walked upstairs and two doors down, there it was. her room. it held so many memories of her, so many times we've spent together.

i took a deep breath, turned the door knob and stepped inside.

the walls were still painted that light grey color i helped her pick out last year, when she was remodeling her room and couldn't decide between white or grey. i told hold to get grey and she hit me and told me white was the better choice but i told her grey was better and of course, she listened to me.

i walked over to her night stand, where she had pictures standing up. i picked one up of her and me on a rollercoaster, you know, the ones they take of you as you're going down and you pick up at the store? well ours has to be the funniest. we both had planned to keep our arms up the whole time and when the picture was taken we both had the most scared looks on our faces, venus looked like she could have puked right there.

i moved on to other pictures, remembering the memories that came with the but just as i was about to leave, venus' mother stopped me.

"i was walking by the park, just to remember her, you know? and i found this there. it's a shoebox from her, for you." she handed me a black shoebox with a sticky note on the top that said "for ashton only." i took it out of her hands, thanked her, and walked back into her room and sat on her bed.

gosh, i was afraid to open it. what could it be? what if it was just some cruel prank she was playing on me?

i opened it anyways.

and in that shoebox laid letters. seventeen, to be exact. all addressed to me. i opened the envelope labeled "letter one" and saw this was written in january. why the fuck would she write me letters?

maybe the hold some secret? why the fuck she thought it was a good idea to jump off that cliff? why she left us? why she left me?

my curiosity got the best of me, so i read them. all seventeen. of them. from start to finish, back to back, over and over again. i couldn't stop reading them. i was bawling my eyes out the whole time, there were so many emotions flowing through my veins.

because, fuck, i loved her too.

-

wow. this is the end. i can't believe it. this was so amazing to write, i never even thought this would get two thousand reads. that blows my mind.

i love every single one of you that got this story to where it is and voted and commented on over chapter. thank you so much.

but, this story is not over yet. we still have the sequel! click on my profile, it's "mars || ashton irwin". i'll be updating that soon, so keep an eye out! please read it and vote, it would mean so much to me.

okay goodbye my homosexuals, i love you all.

(and btw, did anyone else notice that venus and ashtons ship name is anus bc i did)