Chapter 14: Nearly Bullet Proof

hihihihihihihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

So a lot of people have been asking me when I'm going to update for the original series. I won't be updating until I finish the this rewrite. PERHAPS I will update a few chapters for other books, but I want to focus on one story right now! 

Please vote & comment if you enjoy. I love reading comments.

P.S - Poop is about to hit the fan...

>:)

P.P.S- It's really hard to keep track of all the D names, so once in a while I WILL mess up my own character's names. I also rewrite my chapters so many times that I forget to change things, so if I accidently mix up Devin, David, or Death in this chapter or any other chapter, just ignore it and leave a comment or something letting me know I made a mistake. 

* * *

           The lobby of the D & S Towers was packed to the brim. But instead of being packed with men and women in business outfits rushing around with briefcases there were mostly teenage girls and young woman shrieking.

          I pushed past a few frantic girls, trying to get to the elevator. It wasn't until I got a little bit further into the crowd that I knew exactly what was going on. 

            "David! David, over here!"

            "David Star! Hey David, looking good! David, over here! David!"

            I shoved even further through the throng of people, getting a perfect view of none other than David Star at the center of the crowd. He stood like a beautiful sculpture in front of the paparazzi and fans, dark brown eyes brooding, facial expression unreadable, impeccably dressed in his typical business suit. His hair no longer held an ombré. It was a medium shade of brown throughout, styled in a slightly messy way.

            The fans cheered, pressing me painfully forward as they tried to get past David's bodyguards, nearly making me visible to the man I had been avoiding ever since the carnival. I took a step back, melting into the crowd, but maintaining a view.

            "Smile at the camera, sexy!"

            David tipped his head down at a camera, posing casually with his hands in the pockets of his slacks, flashing a brief, sensual smirk with minimal teeth. Flashes went off, cameramen screamed at him to look towards them.

            David looked very comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera, and in control of the chaotic environment around him.

            "Move it!" A skinny blonde with a microphone in her hand and a cameraman tailing behind her pushed past me, knocking me to the ground with a hard shove. David's coffee gaze fell on me on the ground.

            I froze.

            He looked away as if I didn't even exist.

            I slowly got up off the floor.

            "Stacy O'Conner here live, with one of the most known Stars in the country. Literally." The skinny little blonde laughed, stepping a little too close to David, pressing her push-up bra boobs against his side, and lowering her voice a little too seductively. "So David, we heard the big news! Are you excited for the launch of your new advertising campaign against crime in Chicago and globally? Tell us about it!"

            David leaned down towards the microphone in her hands, dark brown eyes striking and locked onto the camera. His voice was deep and smooth as usual. "Unfortunately I can't really tell you much about it, Stacy, but Devin and I are both thrilled to launch our new campaign. We've been working extremely hard on it." David smiled dazzlingly down at the news woman, just like the way he had once looked down at me. "We hope that those who are going to the premiere tomorrow night will feel just as passionate in our cause as we are..."