Chapter 8

O'shea POV

I was so pissed off, doing at least 90MPH down the interstate as if I wasn't capable of being stopped by the cops and getting my ass beat on the side of the road. I hadn't even taken the time to cool off after that bullshit that happened back at thee house with E'mani. I couldn't lie; that shit hurt like hell.

It really sickened me that the woman I loved could stand in my face and pretty much tell me she is ashamed of me. What the fuck did I ever do to her besides love her and cherish the damn ground that she walked on? All I wanted to do was love her and give her every part of me and look where the fuck that left me.

Heartbroken.

I'm not sure what was worse at this point. The sound of her voice cracking as she begged me to listen to her or the feeling of my heart being heavy from telling her to marry her fans. I didn't mean to talk to her in that tone but what was a nigga to do? I felt offended as I fucking should.

Before I realized, I was in Los Angeles and was pulling up into a drive way that had two Benz's parked in it. The fresh manicured lawn gave me a sense of peace, not one grass patch appearing out of place. Killing the engine, I opened the car door and got out and using my key fob to activate the alarm.

I pressed the door bell and placed my hands back into my pockets.

"Who is it?"

"Its me.", I replied.

I watched Alex open the curtain before flashing a small smile at me. Next, I heard the lock being unlocked followed by the door opening.

"What's up O'shea?" she says to me with a bright smile and holding her arms out for a hug.

"I'm straight. I didn't mean to come over unannounced, but I really need to talk to you.", I said as I hugged her back.

She looked up at me with concern in her eyes, "You good. I was off today anyways. Come in", she let go of our embrace and held the door open a little wider, inviting me in. Just like I remembered, her house was always sparkling and neat. A touch of Bath and Body works "Beautiful Day" lingered in the air. I knew it was a wallflower scent because E'mani buys millions of every chance she gets.

I sat down on the white, suede sectional couch and looked down at my hands as my leg shook vigorously.

"What's going on?", Alex asked me as she came and plopped down on the couch next to me. She had her flat screen paused on Issa Rae's show Insecure. I couldn't front, it was a pretty good show from what I saw. Now that I think about it, I need to finish the rest of the season.

"Man..." I sighed, shaking my head.

"Man what?"

"Me and E'mani..."

"Oh lord."

I chuckled a little bit. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Alex shrugged her shoulders as she looked over at me. "What did she do now? This aint the first time she did something stupid and made you upset that you landed your light bright ass on my couch." She laughed. "I'm start charging your ass for my services."