Chapter 21

E'mani POV

Once again, I find myself pacing the floor instead this time it's in Jason's apartment and not my old home where O'shea and I would have our screaming matches. After Ebie dropped me off, let out the loudest, most ear-piercing cry that has ever escaped my mouth. I didn't tear anything up in the house, which is a start for me because by now everything in this motherfucka would have been shredded.

My wash and go curls were all over my head as I continued to pace the floor. My chest heaved up and down as if I just ran a fucking marathon with Usain Bolt, and my face was flushed and the color of a faint red as I anticipated Jason's arrival.

It's like in no time I heard his keys jingling, followed by the front door opening. I bit down on my bottom lip to stop the tears that was already swarming up in my eyes. I sat down on the black suede couch and rested my elbows on my knees, folding my hands and shaking nonstop.

"Hey...baby. What you doing here?", Jason asked with a grin as he tossed his keys on the marble island that was next to the kitchen.

I eyed him up and down, shaking my head before laughing to myself and turning my head towards the balcony door. I heard Jason kick his shoes off, placing them on the mat for shoes by the door and walked over to me. He sat down and wrapped his hands around my waist and began planting small, yet tender kisses on the nape of my neck.

"Stop Jay." I said as I shrugged my shoulder for him to stop kissing me.

"Damn Mani. Why you pushing a nigga away?", he asked me, feeling butt hurt.

"Because I need to ask you something..." I said as my voice trailed off, standing up and placing my hands on my small hips.

Jason looked around before looking back at me.

"Okay. what you gotta ask baby?"

I looked up at the ceiling, tears running already as I parted my lips to ask him this question. I know it will hurt me more if he lies to me, then I can never trust him. Ever.

"What were you doing with Daijah at Dulan's earlier?", I questioned as I stared dead into Jason's eyes, trying to read his mind through his eyes.

Jason looked down and licked his lips. "Baby, its not what you thinkin- "

"Then what the fuck was it Jay?!", I screamed as I pushed his chest, causing him to stumble back a bit. "What the fuck was you doing with my sister, especially after you asked me to give you a chance?!"

"E'mani...baby If I tell you, you wouldn't understand." Jason tried to reason with me.

"No nigga. What you don't understand is if you don't tell me why the fuck was You with Daijah, I will never fucking talk to you ever again as long as I have breath in my body.", I threatened through a clenched jaw.

Jason wiped his hand down his face as he pressed his lips together before looking at me. I can see it in his eyes that he had something to tell me, but from the guilt in his eyes, I know that this is going to split us apart.

"E'mani. I gotta be honest with you. I just want you to promise me that you won't hate me, baby please."

"If you cheated I swear to god.", I said coldly.