Elephant rides

We decided to leave my house at 7.30 so we could get to the zoo by 8.30, ten minutes after it opened for two reasons. One, so we missed the traffic and two so, because we lived so far away from the zoo.
When we got to the zoo we went and had a quick breakfast. And then we headed to the elephant area, and there was a massive, horrible long queue. I went over and stood in the line, preparing to wait up to three hours for my go because the rides are 10 minutes each, but Pete proceeded to walk in front of the line! "Peter! Get back here NOW! The line ends here." Smiling he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front. " what are we doing?" Laughing he looked at me and smiled "you didn't think I'd book first. Seriously Gemmi?" I was astonished... I was shocked. Smiling I grabbed his hand I gave it a squeeze. We waited in the "prebooked line" and we were next! I couldn't believe it. When the zookeeper Kelly, opened the gate she walked with me to a beautiful elephant, named Tiffy. When I got on she told me to hold the reins and sit straight and make sure my posture was correct. As I walked around on Tiffy, next to Kelly, I smiled and laughed as Pete, and the other zoo keeper took my photos. After my ride I was still buzzing and I felt so happy. Now I can cross another thing off my bucket list. On the way home me and Pete talked about school tomorrow and about us hanging out next weekend because, the week after that is our graduation and our prom!