Holiday surprise

"What are you talking about?" I asked him. He only smiled and said "you'll see... soon." I've always really hated surprises but I kept it to myself. "Come on... please?" I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and the pouty lip. "Gemmi.... that won't work."
The next Thursday my mum decided to send me to the park with both my brothers so she could pack my bags. I assumed that Pete was taking me on a road trip to Sydney or some other place not to far away and by the clothes mum packed, if I were to help her, would just give the idea away... even though I protested she still wouldn't budge. After spending several hours in the park I felt over heated, and wanted to go home, luckily mum had just texted them and they agreed.
As soon as I got home I saw a taxi, and Pete standing with two tickets to go to France. Screeching like a parrot I asked " are you serious?" Nodding he smiled at me before engulfing me in a hug. Pushing him off I said "these must of cost thousands?" Shaking his head he said "nah, don't be silly babe. I won the tickets," hugging him I kissed him and whispered a "thank you," into his ear.

"Ahem" we heard and we looked over to the taxi man and put our two fingers up implying two minutes. I ran to mum and dad and my brothers and gave them all hugs and a kiss on the cheek each. Then proceeded to walk to the cab. "Hello, how are you?" I asked politely. "I am grand thank you. how are you?" He said in a heavy British accent. "Awesome thanks." Then he smiled and said " by the way my name is Erick" I nodded, smiled and replied "nice to meet you, I'm Gemini, and this is Pete." Then we started to drive off. When we got to the airport I got on an aeroplane and sat down ready for lift off. I was a little shaky but Pete grabbed my hand and held it for the rest of the long flight.
When he encountered turbulence I was shaking but Pete told me not to worry.
As the long, tiring flight ended I felt better but then the pilot said "welcome to France," I almost fainted. We were really in France. I was going to live long enough to cross most of the stuff off my bucket list. And the only person to thank was Pete. I'm starting to like-like him more than ever. I might even love him. But I don't want to hurt him when the time comes. I don't. I also don't want him to waste things on me.
Because you never know what's around the corner.