Come back to me (Petes POV)

As I sit on the couch with my phone in my hands. I wait for the love of my life to text me back. I know I screwed up and I hate myself for it. I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. I repeated in my head when I decided to put on the telly and watch the news. I've always hated watching the news... I mean it's really interesting to know what is going on in the world but it's always extremely depressing and saddening. As I sunk into the sofa I clicked the power button on and what I saw broke my heart.
BREAKING NEWS!!!!
A young woman who was driving on the highway has been in a serious crash. It is believed she was on the side of the road when a large car hit the car and pushed it over the rail. The woman was airlifted to the closest hospital and is now in a critical condition.

When the pictures came on screen of the roadside accident I wanted to scream. But I couldn't. I wanted to run to her. But I couldn't. I wanted to be with her in her moment of need. But I couldn't move, like I was frozen in place. Like I was stuck to this couch. Then all of a sudden, I snapped out of the trance and jumped up, and grabbed my keys and drove straight to the hospital. But thanks to the accident there was so much traffic. Too many cars, by the time I got to the hospital she could be... I can't say it. "OH MY GOSH, GO!!" As soon as the traffic cleared up I sped and soon arrived. I didn't even park my car, I just got out and ran inside. When I got to the front desk the lady spat extremely coldly "what can I do for you?" I huffed and puffed "Gemini" she sighed "4th floor room 108 wait outside the room." Nodding I ran to the elevator and Ijumped on I pressed the forth floor button and waited. Soon the elevator started to move and after what felt like an eternity it opened at my stop, luckily right outside the elevator was her room. I saw her Mum, Dad, And Mother, Father, John and her oldest 'brother Mike.' I ran to them frantically, "where is she?" They all just looked at me and shook their heads. "Why do you care?" Asked John "You KNEW she was sick and you still used her. You know she rang me before the accident."
I looked at them and said " it's not true, I never did make a bet... nor did I cheat! I would never! I fell in love with her! So please tell me I can see her, I.NEED.TO. Please!" Wiping away her tears both of her mums hugged me and whispered "soon. She's still in surgery" crying and nodding I sat down and I waited and waited and waited. Soon a doctor came out and said "she just came out of surgery, but you can go in." The family nodded and I went in. She was still unconscious, I sat down on the seat next to the bed and then took her hand before I heard muffled talking. The doctor came in with his head held low and told me to leave, because visiting hours were over, as I got up I placed a delicate kiss on her cheek and whispered into her ear, "Goodbye, my love."