In My Eyes- Chapter Three

Hey guys!

Wooo, chapter three is here! I haven't edited or anything because I don't have time, but enjoy.

PS: I was watching a Barbie movie a couple of days ago (don't judge me. Barbie is amazing) and one of the main characters name's in it was Emily Willows! They stole it :P

3.     In Jail with the Energetic Pixie and Her Sidekick

I watched as the blonde one (I forgot her name) dragged Emilee to the bed next to mine. They were both soaked from head to toe in what smelt like pond water. Thankfully the human scents overpowered the stench, but it was still pretty bad. The blonde one also had a couple of rusty coins in her hair, not that she noticed.

“Will you watch over me when I sleep?” she asked pitifully. Emilee smiled softly as sat next to her as she lay down on the bed. I decided to make myself known.

“Well, well, well. Look who’s here? What did you do?”

She turned to glare at me while the blonde slept. I could tell because her breathing had evened out. Before she was almost hyperventilating. Emilee cocked an eyebrow at me with a surprised look on her face.

“We were caught fighting in a fountain,” she informed me.

I knew it had something to do with ponds.

“Wow, rebel,” I replied sarcastically. She glared at me and I found her instant dislike amusing. It was annoying and tiresome acting nice all the time. I wasn’t nice. I was a vampire. Duh.

“Yeeeeahh…” Emilee drawled, not noticing my small smile. “What’d you do?”

Ah, it’s time to lie. I knew she’d ask the question sooner or later. It’s not like I could tell her the truth-‘Yeah, I’m a vampire and I was caught sucking some chick’s blood. Sorry about that.’ That wouldn’t go down well. Emilee wasn’t exactly quiet.

I just made something up on the spot, in the end. “I killed someone.”

Good job Chris, you tried to make yourself to not seem like a murderer and bang! You confess. Well done.

Emilee stared at me like she believed what I said. The way her mouth was hanging open made me hold back a laugh, and I instantly saw skepticism cross her face. 

“Tell me the truth,” she demanded.

I instantly came up with a (hopefully) better lie. “I vandalized the local grocery store.”

There. That sounded like something a teenage boy would do. She smiled at me, obviously believing my fib.

“Very rebel.” Of course she would copy my sarcasm. What I really did was anything but rebel, it was sinister to a human. Yet, it seemed completely natural to me. 

“More rebel than fighting in a fountain,” I teased. I needed to stir the conversation back over to her. “Though it probably would have been very sexy.”

I couldn’t help but add that on the end.

 “Right…” She looked kind of disgusted by my behavior. There was an awkward silence as I stared at her, trying to figure out where she got her energy. Did she have a special pill or something? Maybe she ate mostly artificial foods. Then again, if she ate that stuff she’d probably be the size of a house. Emilee looked almost underweight.