In My Eyes- Chapter Six

**Caution: Course language**

**Not Edited**

6. I Want to Kill, Kill, Kill Halfling

When I walked back into the Home Ec. room Dana instantly pounced on me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the lips in front of the entire class, making them snigger and gasp. I quickly pulled away before she turned it into free porn.

“Chrissie,” she whined. “Why’d you take so long? I was left as a loner! It was so embarrassing!”

“Sorry Baby,” I replied, the pet name forced from my lips. I had to put up with this until Friday. Why did Friday always seem so far away?

I was about to continue apologizing when Emilee walked into the room, her face flushed and her hair wild. What had she been doing? She looked like she had just had a very thorough make out…

That slut! She ditched class to make out with some dick?

Okay, I know I’m being a little hypocritical but she’s meant to be saving herself for her mate! Well, if I’m her mate. But I’m not. I can’t be.

If I’m not her mate, why do I keep thinking about her? It’s not fair!

“Emilee, where have you been?” Dana instantly rushed out, her face covered in worry.

“I went to the pet store and bought a parrot,” she replied after a short pause. “Now, I can be a real pirate!”

Is she serious? A green parrot was perched on her shoulder contently, looking as tame as I was. Emilee seemed pretty proud of it, for some insane reason.

“Are you serious?” the Halfling laughed. Hmm, I don’t like the fact that we think alike. “You skipped school to buy a stupid bird?”

Now, I wouldn’t have said that.

“He’s not a stupid bird!” Emilee bellowed. “He’s probably smarter than you!”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah! Now go away Newbie, no one is hot enough to be able to diss my parrot!” Wow, he really pissed her off. Dana dragged me out of the classroom and to the Gym, I suspect. It was our next class, after all.

“I’ll see you in there,” she flirted before kissing my cheek and flouncing off to her change room. Emilee and her blonde friend were chatting behind me, but I didn’t bother listening in.

The boys change room smelt like sweat, urine and a hint of puke. I almost held my breath as I changed, the smell overpowering my sensitive nose. It was disgusting.

“So, are you and Dana together?” Leo asked. Seth nodded in equal curiosity.

“Yeah, man, are you? You two were apparently getting pretty serious in Home Ec. today.”

“Who told you that?” I demanded.

“Brian Mason,” one of them answered me. “He and her had a thing about a month ago and he’s still sour about the fact that she broke it off.”

I turned to the speaker, who just happened to be Leo, after taking my shirt off. “A thing?”

“They were pretty much friends with benefits, minus the friend part,” Seth said as I opened the locker and chucked my uniform in. I gritted my teeth and slammed the door shut. Of course I’d get a mate that had been tainted by other men.