In My Eyes- Chapter Eight

8. AN EVENTFUL ART LESSON

I had spent an extremely boring first lesson listening to human teenagers singing. It felt like my ears were going to fall off by the end of it and I wanted to grab Emilee’s headphones to drown everything out. Sadly, she was using them.

Why I didn’t take them anyways, I still can’t understand. I’m a prince after all. I should never be denied anything.

But… I didn’t want Emilee to get a headache.

Why do you care? Dana is your mate.

No matter how hard I tried to convince myself, it just didn’t seem to sit right with me. Maybe neither of them was my mate and the Fates were wrong. I mean… I hadn’t even cared when Dana snuck into my dorm last night to resolve our argument. I couldn’t even bring myself to have sex with her!

What is happening to my mojo and me?

“Come on, Chrissie, time for our next lesson!” Dana giggled and tugged me out of the music room. Emilee was following behind us, her slightly curly black hair messier than usual. Her eyes reminded me of the dark chocolate my father brought back from Spain.

Great, now I’m being poetic. 

“You were such a gentleman last night,” the blonde prattled on, “and I just can’t believe-”

Emilee dashed in front of us, calling that we were too slow, and began dancing to the music playing from her iPod. I quickly found myself hypnotized by the swing of her hips and the twist of her body. Her delicate figure was so graceful I almost stumbled.

Yes, I, Crown Prince of Astria, almost stumbled because of a human girl’s unknown seductiveness.

Somebody shoot me.

“-And when you said those words, I just knew that you were the one for me-”

“I’m flying away, running like the wind, as I chase the sun…”

Just to torture me more, she started singing along and spinning around in circles. I could tell that the other human males were eyeing her, but she was oblivious.

My fists clenched and I gritted my teeth. No one was allowed to touch her but me!

Where the hell did that come from?

“Up, spinning around, circles in my mind, sailing over ground…”

God dammit, would she just shut up?

“No, I will not shut up you unicorn farter!” Emilee cried. Crap, did I say that aloud? “I’m flying away-”

Instead of ‘shutting up’, Emilee just grew louder as we walked towards the art classrooms. By the time we reached the room she was practically shouting.

“NEW SONG! YOU GO BINGO PLAYERS!” I watched her take a deep breath (well, I watched her chest rise cause I’m a pervert). “I know, caught up in the middle, I cry- just a little- when I think of letting go!"

Dana rolled her eyes. “You should probably stop now Emi, you know how Ms. Columbus is.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Emilee sighed. “I gotcha drift. No singing in the prison-like art class.”

“It’s for your own good.”

I almost gaped when we went inside, understanding now why Emilee referred to it as ‘prison’. It certainly looked like one, all grey cement and aluminum benches. The woman standing by the old-fashioned blackboard had severe features and a tall, spidery figure. If I wasn’t a vampire, I’d probably be scared shitless of her.